Do we need to verify the niche sites in Google Adsense if a hub is moved to the

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Do we need to verify the niche sites in Google Adsense if a hub is moved to the new domain?

2. simplehappylife profile image68
    simplehappylifeposted 7 years ago

No, I don't believe so.  It is forever connected to you and your hub account.  You'll notice that when you click "edit" (while it is on the niche site), you enter the edit mode on hubpages smile

Hope this helps smile

1. ngureco profile image81
      ngurecoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Williams for your answer. I thought Google will find hubpages.com to be a completely different domain from, say, dengarden.com.

2. simplehappylife profile image68
      simplehappylifeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're Welcome smile 
      Yes, it is a different domain...but the hub seems to be rooted in hubpages (hence why edit mode is on HP).  Go to dengarden.com and read the small writing at the very bottom of the page (the copyright info).

3. ngureco profile image81

I was concerned about that requirement where AdSense ask you to verify your trusted sites that you know are yours and only ads clicks made on those sites should earn you money.

4. simplehappylife profile image68

That's an interesting point.  It may be best to contact hubpages directly and see what their answer is. Then post it here, so we all know smile

5. ngureco profile image81

It’s hardly 6 hours since when I authorized the new domains in my Adsense account. The change in no. of impressions is very significant. Check it out if you have hubs that have moved to new domains. It may be worth the effort.

6. simplehappylife profile image68

I will, Thank You.

3. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

No. My hubs continue to generate adsense revenue as they are moved to the new domains.

1. simplehappylife profile image68

Thank you Tamara!   I was beginning to wonder myself smile

4. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13339644_f260.jpg

I think this is now clear to me. From https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/65062?hl... they say: “If you don't add a site to your list of verified sites, and you place your ad code on it, ads will continue to appear on the site but you won't earn from them. Therefore, please enable this feature with caution to avoid missing out on valid revenue.” One of my hubs was moved to one of those new sites and there were nil earnings until when I authorized that domain at Adsense did pages view for that hub tally with those stats shown on Hubpages (60%). Above is a screenshot of the same.

1. simplehappylife profile image68

I emailed HP & asked them.  I'll let you know if I hear back from them. Are we suppose to put just the domain in (like bellatory.com), because it won't accept a url to the actual article?

2. ngureco profile image81

It won’t accept "http://www.hubpages.com" or "www.hubpages.com" but will accept hubpages.com, dengarden.com, etc. Please read carefully the article to the link provided earlier so that you can add all your trusted sites where Google ad code is used.

3. simplehappylife profile image68

Ok, so (from reading what you said & the link), I want to make sure I understand.I just need to add the domain (.com site only) that my hubs are on and it will automatically locate the hubs(pages) that are mine?

4. ngureco profile image81

That’s right - Just the domain only. You do not have to do it for every hub.

5. simplehappylife profile image68

Maybe you should consider writing a hub on this.  This information is incredibly hard to find and I'm sure many hubbers would appreciate the information.

6. ngureco profile image81

Thanks. If you opt out of site authorization, your ad code may be placed on pages with prohibited content by malicious people. And internet being what it is, your code can be put in prohibited content by bad guys so that your AdSense code is banned.

7. simplehappylife profile image68

You're Welcome. It's a rare topic. I was reading that yesterday, on there.  I'm not sure if I was suppose too, but I went ahead and added hubpages.com to my list of verified sites.

8. ngureco profile image81

Yes, include all your domains such as bellatory.com, healdove.com, etc and you may also include webcache.googleusercontent.com.

9. simplehappylife profile image68

Thank You! I noticed a big jump in my estimated earnings! What is webcache.googleusercontent.com?

10. ngureco profile image81

If your domain is down, Google will usually give searchers of your website an alternate link that stores the cache content of your website including the ads from a later date.

11. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There is a setting that only allows you to earn from verified sites. This is not an automatic setting, this is something you implement yourself. You should only use the authorization setting if you are concerned about malicious use of your ID.

12. ngureco profile image81

Exactly. Say four years ago you had verified hubpages.com. Today HubPages moves one of your hub to a new domain. You will need to go back to Adsense and verify the new domain.

13. simplehappylife profile image68

Good Info!  Thanks So Much smile  You definitely consider writing this all in a hub smile

5. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
    Matt Wellsposted 7 years ago

You do not need to verify HubPages Network sites to earn from AdSense. Ads are automatically served on sites that use your publisher ID, but you should verify your sites to claim ownership. Visit this link for more information: https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … ic=2781147

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)