jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What am I doing wrong?

1. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

What am I doing wrong?

I have read too many hubs on SEO to count and yet I only recieve rougly one view per hub every 2 or so days. I have placed my link on stumble upon, digg, twitter, eHow and other articles on the internet and yet only one of my Hubs has any GooglePage rank

2. Mubin123 profile image67
    Mubin123posted 7 years ago

Try to write hubs that will interest people and gain search traffic.  Nobody on digg or stumbleupon want to know about solar panels.  Write something that will gather a large audience, and the traffic will come.

3. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

Haha thanks I appreciate that, but I was just writing on a subject that I had previous interests in. I will take this into consideration and try to work on more appealing subjects, but I have always found it easier to write on topics that interest me and harder to write on topics seen as more financially viable such as real estate and finance

4. profile image53
    todd65barrposted 7 years ago

Do you have lots of followers on Twitter? If not...follow people with the same interests as you and they will start to follow you. Provide them with useful information.

I know how you feel and understand. Yes, understanding SEO has value, but mostly people will tell you half truths about getting serps in the search engines; since it is part of 'selling'  information.- hopefully people won't frown on what I am saying here; since loads of them on here are soley here to make money.

The questions you need answered is this: Mostly when you are looking for something, how do you find it? Search engines, right. Hardly anyone goes beyond the first page - so you need to rank on page 1 of Google or Yahoo.

How do you rank well?
    That is the million dollar question everyone wants to know and pays for and when they finally get their perfect on page linking, blog commenting, bookmarking, est strategy just right (if ever they do it manually), it is not something they will share with just anyone for free.

My guess is that you haven't done much wrong - it is just not that easy to rank with your niche in the search engines.

Here is my advice for now...Firstly - spend a lot of time doing keyword research and make sure the competition is not to harsh for starters on your selected keywords.
    Then write some articles about your topic - one or two is not enough - and post them to GoArticles, EzineArticles, Article Alley and so forth. You mostly need 400 to 500 words and some does not allow an anchor text at the top and some only allow 2 anchor text links in the article - but link to your money site from there - have a blog, do squidoo and make everything viral. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but start there to build backlinks to your moneysite or just your website (If you are not selling anything). Use tools to help you - like Onlywire, pingfm, links alpha. Do Wordpress and install the SEO plugin and you just constantly build content to generate backlinks to your main site. Always have quality content.

I am not really a Hubber, but people that are ranking well with their Hub, have followers that they have earned, they link to others and build their karma. Hubs that rank well for a popular keyword, have surely build a lot of backlinks to their Hub.

Well, there is a lot of things to consider, but it is very hard work to do well in serps.

Good Luck

5. Jarn profile image72
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Honestly, consider presenting things from a humorous slant. It's the only kind of hub I bother to read these days. Anything else is either depressing or boring.

Closed to reply

working