jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does incorrect spelling and grammar hinder a hubber's ability to attract readers

1. guy.e.lawson profile image60
    guy.e.lawsonposted 7 years ago

Does incorrect spelling and grammar hinder a hubber's ability to attract readers to their articles?

When I see incorrect spelling and grammar, I am turned off to the point where I will not read the article. If your hubs aren't read, no one will click on the ads.

It also seems that consistent poor spelling and grammar may also cause readers to see HubPages as a source of inferior material, and therefore, not read some otherwise very good articles.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4506215_f260.jpg

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Definitely yes. nobody wants to have to wade through a bunch of mistakes in spelling or grammar to try to understand what the writer is trying to say. Poor English is bad enough.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yes, for me.  I read the first par and apply the editor's rule, if it is correct, I read on, if it isn't, I slip it back in the envelope and put it in the reject pile.  I may go on to the next par if the content is interesting but not correct, but like all editors, I wouldn't want to pile too much work on to my sub.

4. writeido profile image75
    writeidoposted 7 years ago

Certainly puts me off as well, but those who do make such mistakes are probably the ones just starting off and getting their feet wet.
    Once they spend enough time learning the ropes, they figure out the value of grammar and spelling. Those who don't ... don't get to go too far.

5. christoss1959 profile image75
    christoss1959posted 7 years ago

Yes if I stumble upon a hub that is poorly written I am not going to bother reading

6. profile image0
    ssaulposted 7 years ago

yep, if i found a hub of low quality writing and content, i am not moving fast line, i would immediately navigate from that page.

Closed to reply

working