jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Book or the Movie. Which do you prefer?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 8 years ago

There are so many movies that come from books. It is obvious that the entire book cannot become a screenplay, but I find that the real story and characters are lost when it is adapted for the movie inudstry.

My favorite books are written by Robert Ludlum.

Hollywood has taken his "Bourne Identity" series and made hits in the box office, but after I dared to buy the 1st DVD, I was so very disappointed and upset at the same time. His truly amazing writing about a character and story was lost in the movie.
    I prefer the Book version over the movie versions.

How do you feel on this? Book or Movie?

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

I did enjoy the movies but that is probably because I haven't read his books. I'll have to check out his books in the future since I have WAY too many other books to read. lol but I have seen his books and were tempted to buy them but again too many others I need to read.

3. Michael Willis profile image78

Robert Ludlum books are easy to get addicted to. I love the way he writes and he captures the readers attention.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Then I will definitely have to stay away for now and make a dent in my other books before I try him out. thanks for the warning about being addictive lol

4. Michael Willis profile image78

But it is addictive in a good way! smile

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

hehehe addictive books are BAD so bad lmao

5. Michael Willis profile image78

The book is so different than the movie. I am glad I read the book.
    I have watched a movie and decided to read the book afterwards. But, since I already know the ending (lol) I find the book looses something to me as the reader.

So now, I prefer the books over the Hollywood versions.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

Yea I hadn't finished the latest HP book before I saw the movie and I just lost all desire to finish reading it after seeing the movie. I need to do what you do and read the books COMPLETELY then see the movie.

7. Aqua profile image77
    Aquaposted 8 years ago

I'll take the book over the movie - any day. I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie saying "that was so much better than the book" smile

1. raveena29@hotmail profile image58
      raveena29@hotmailposted 8 years ago in reply to this

i wud def go 4 books....there is a deep dtailin n u really need 2 concentrate ..its basically for those ppl whu love readin...wheras movies do not need that much of concentration..i prefer detailin n go for books...

working