jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Do you prefer a printed book in your hands when you read or do you prefer readin

1. Larry Fish profile image53
    Larry Fishposted 5 months ago

Do you prefer a printed book in your hands when you read or do you prefer reading an ebook?

2. nicenet profile image68
    nicenetposted 5 months ago

Hello, thanks for asking this question. I personally prefer printed books. Hard back copies are durable and they can't get lost easily. E-books are digital and it can easily be corrupted or deleted especially if your system gets faulty. I just like printed books, the feel of the paper is appealing!

Cheers.

Larry Fishposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I feel the same way you do, nicey. I have had four books published and there is nothing as thrilling as holding the printed copy in my hand. Thank you for commenting.

3. Necento anto profile image88
    Necento antoposted 5 months ago

I prefer printed books rather than eBook. I actually feel like I am reading a book when its in printed form rather than on tablet or computer.

Thank you for your comment, nicci. It just doesn't seem the same trying to read a book electronically. I want that actual printed book in my hand too.

4. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 5 months ago

I've always been a printed book sort of girl, but this week, I have a big box of books to go to the secondhand book dealer, and nothing to read. I've been contemplating buying an e-reader, just to cut down on the pile of books on my bed side table, and the cost of devouring books at such a rapid rate. Since most of the stuff I read is mass-market stuff, and not anything I want to save and treasure, it seems like a waste to continue to buy printed books.

Thank you for your comment, Lisa. I see your point of view and it does make sense. However I guess as an author I really like the printed books. My novels are sold both ways. You sound like an avid reader, good for you.

2. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 5 months agoin reply to this

As an author, I offer both print and Kindle options---because I'm no dummy. smile

3. Ericdierker profile image57
      Ericdierkerposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I am like Lisa with a constantly filled and emptied DAV box. But I need my books. I love to reread my ridiculously complicated books like Plato's Republic.And life without a book in the bathroom?

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 months ago

I don't do e-books. I spend enough time staring at a screen at work. If I want to read a book gimme the print version.

I'm with you, Keith. I will take the printed version every time.

6. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 5 months ago

It really depends on when/where I'm reading.

I prefer being able to actually hold a book, the smell, touching the pages... and nothing makes me happier than wandering through a book store and seeing all the covers and flipping through them.

But there are times, like when I'm in bed and wanting to read a little before sleeping, that it's nice to just lay down and hold a tablet rather than trying to get comfy while holding pages open and trying to find the best light, etc. It's also nice to be able to purchase a book I'm not sure I'm going to like for $2 as opposed to $20. And carrying an ereader on a plane or a bus and having multiple options is a lot easier than hauling around multiple books.

So I guess I prefer printed books in general but I also appreciate ebooks and I think both have their place in my life!

Thank you for your comment, Aime. What you say does make sense. I guess because I am an old man, I am stuck in the world of printed books, hahaha.

7. IsraelMercado profile image82
    IsraelMercadoposted 5 months ago

I always prefer printed over electronic.  Even if I get a free e-book and I like it, I will go out of my way to just get a hard copy.  I love the sound of turning a page while I am reading, I like the smell of new and old books, I love the feel of the book when I am holding it, it is almost like making a connection with the story or information you are reading about.  So to simplify my answer I prefer a printed book.

I totally agree!

8. Rebecca Huo profile image72
    Rebecca Huoposted 4 months ago

For the majority of the time I prefer the printed version because I just love the smell of paper. But I am considering about getting e-books after the experience of house moving, because I have so many printed books and they are really heavy. Also I prefer e-book when I'm travelling because I don't really like heavy bags and so with e-books I can literally take all the e-books I have downloaded and it only weighs like one book. However, if I'm home, I will definitely read printed books.

9. Ginny Stone profile image82
    Ginny Stoneposted 3 months ago

Depends. If I'm at home I'd prefer to read a book. If I am travelling or know I'm going to be sitting and waiting somewhere - then popping a kindle into my bag is a lot more practical than trying to schlep books around the place. So both have their own special place in my life.

10. renee21 profile image83
    renee21posted 2 months ago

I prefer reading a printed book.  But ebooks are ok too.

working