jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone use adwords or is it impractical?

1. caycoltken profile image60
    caycoltkenposted 7 years ago

Does anyone use adwords or is it impractical?

2. fordie profile image74
    fordieposted 7 years ago

I guess you mean using adwords to generate traffic to generate revenue. Would be nice if it were that easy - but it's unlikely you would ever earn anything like what you invested

3. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Adwords is no good for hubpages because you can't advertise a page with adsense ads on.

4. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

I had tried using Adwords on my business site but found I was paying more money than I was making. This is not a reflection on how good or bad it is. Obviously it works for many advertisers since Google is making good income from it.

In my case I found it difficult to fine-tune the filters to make sure my ads were being placed only on pages where it related well to the subject matter. That is the magic behind its power in advertising. You need to get your ads placed properly and Adwords gives you full control over that. But it takes a lot of work.

Note that Adwords is meant to be used to sell your products on your own business web site. There is no reason to consider using it for HubPages. For that matter, you can't!  Since you have AdSense ads on Hubs that is a conflict of interest and against the rules.

working