jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Be honest. Do you realize that YOU are are published author? You are. Did you kn

1. MikeSyrSutton profile image66
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 7 years ago

Be honest. Do you realize that YOU are are published author? You are. Did you know that?

2. brandonord profile image61
    brandonordposted 7 years ago

I did not think of it like that, such a posative way of thinking i love it. Now im published I just need more traffic.

3. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

In a way that is true because HubPages prominently displays the username next to the written work. But writing an article for Wikipedia can also be considered a publication (but it is rather anonymous and others can edit it, I must admit).

4. dexixy profile image66
    dexixyposted 7 years ago

Does hubpages really make you a published author???
    won't telling that to someone get you smacked.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

ok if you say so. to me a published author is someone who has made money from writing but then again i did make $.01 on adsense.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Yes, and I take this very seriously.  We all should.  Everything we publish is very, very public.

7. DREAM ON profile image83
    DREAM ONposted 7 years ago

For years I thought the only way to become a published author you had to have a book printed by a large company like G.P. Putnam's Sons publishers who has been around since 1838.To be recognized as an author.Then to make money from your book sales.If you got articles published in magazines and got paid for them.Both ways seemed out of reach to me and only a dream.Now the Hub Pages is making this possible.

8. TomC35 profile image57
    TomC35posted 7 years ago

In a technical sense, yes, you are.  Then again all the idiots in Amway get business licences and some made up names and think they are all independent business owners. 

There is nothing wrong with using Hubpages, and there are some talented people on here.  That being said, by calling anyone that puts something on the internet a "published author" by default diminishes the value of the term.

9. Dr. Amilia profile image38
    Dr. Amiliaposted 7 years ago

Well it still feels a little surreal. Hard to believe. Internet makes life so much easier. Thank you hubpages.

working