jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When Someone Marks a serious hub as "funny" is that supposed to be an insult? Or

1. steve8miller profile image80
    steve8millerposted 7 years ago

When Someone Marks a serious hub as "funny" is that supposed to be an insult? Or did they just...

read something out of context?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I also have some hubs that have "Funny" as feedback although I did not intend the hub to be funny. For example, my hub on designing a computer level has been marked as funny: http://hubpages.com/hub/First-Person-Sh … vel-Design although this is a very serious subject in the video game industry (after all, good games can make millions of dollars in profits).

I just think some people are from different walks of life and they may not be aware of the extent of what you are writing. Their initial response might be that it is funny so they click the button. I don't think it is meant as an insult.

3. chrisaltamirano profile image79
    chrisaltamiranoposted 7 years ago

You can't really throw in humor in your writing unless you're using tons of LOL's and HAHA's and just outrageous sayings. But depending on your hub maybe the person really did think it was funny because it made them laugh, or funny because it humored them, or funny because they're making fun of you!

Just have to take into account again that it's tough to write with emotion. I say you just accept it as being funny funny and move on. Don't let it get the best of you! Happy Hubbing!

4. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't take it as an insult.  It might be something as simple as they clicked it by accident.

Just keep writing smile

working