jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

So when you follow or someone follows you...

1. kimbrewaa profile image65
    kimbrewaaposted 7 years ago

So when you follow or someone follows you...

do you click the ads on their pages because you would want them to do the same for you?? just curious

2. Scribenet profile image85
    Scribenetposted 7 years ago

It isn't allowed... it is in the Terms of Service you accepted when you joined HubPages. Hubbers do not click on the ads!

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I don't.  I never click ads on hubpages.  It's not that I don't want to help anyone out, it's just that I've tuned my mind to where I don't even see those things.

4. kimbrewaa profile image65
    kimbrewaaposted 7 years ago

Thanks, I am new and I know it's not allowed to click our own ads but I wasn't clear on whether or not we were allowed to click on other hubbers ads...because I (like you Wesman) kinda forget they're there when I read hubs. Thank you for the clarification! So if its common that people do it, do they get in trouble for this??

5. kamran210 profile image71
    kamran210posted 7 years ago

I don't even see at ads on other hubs ..I guess if you are truly looking for something informative then you don't get your mind to ads...

You get followers by actively participating in hubpages hubivity commenting and reading other hubs following other ppl etc

6. HRoger profile image59
    HRogerposted 7 years ago

It's like this, Google has a amazing tracking system, where they monitor the way you behave around the pages where they have ads. Because they are able to know every single IP or USER that views the ads in a certain page, if you click on ads of people frequently on Hubpages and just bounce right off, Google know you are doing that, and if you keep doing it repeatedly, it might bring you some trouble. Because Google will know that your IP address is identified as a unique person that only clicks on ads constantly and is not bringing any benefits towards advertisers. Normally depending on the time you spend on the pages of the ads you clicked, Google won't even count your click, it will just be consider invalid. But be really careful. Also clicking on your own ads from different locations, also triggers a behavior towards your account that is not normal. A lot of people get banned from adsense because they don't know how Google tracks fraudulent clicks and activities. Just be safe and avoid bringing any attention towards you. The guys from Google have no mercy, and once you go Black(listed) you can't come back. There is no appeal .

Hope it helped out a little

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Advertisers pay for those ads. The advertiser would be charged for your click and hubber would get only around 68% of the amount if he gets lucky. I mentioned luck because hubbers get 60% of the ad impressions so you can't be sure if its his tracking ID or the hubpages ID.

And in principle it is wrong to click ads just like that.

8. simplymoneyboy profile image59
    simplymoneyboyposted 7 years ago

No, i never do. But i follow them, and i make comments, it makes them support that there are other people supporting.

Following is a good way for a good hubbers, to get support, that there are some backend support to write more articles.

9. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

No clicking their ads is not permitted you just read their hub and give a comment.