jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Article Scoring

1. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 8 years ago

Why does a single hub articles score fall? I have had two I noticed that scored very highly, and then dropped after a short while. Both were current events Hubs and interst has either fallen off or most have read them. Is that the answer, or is there more too it?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Some of it is probably due to a current event that's losing interest.  But some of it is due to how HubPages calculates scores:  they always fluctuate.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

3. readytoescape profile image60

Then the score is not really related to Quality, both of these were in the 90's now they have dropped considerably 10 pts or more

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Quality is part of it, but HubPages is never going to reveal exactly what they do or how, as that would just make the system open to unscrupulous manipulation.

However when you are talking about a current event article versus something written to be evergreen, I'd bet that traffic and how long your visitors stay on your Hub are big factors.

I myself don't write on current events because once the interest window closes, you've got a Hub that just doesn't do much.

5. readytoescape profile image60

Gotcha.....Thanks for the insight

working