Can you link with a url to another hubber by using their URL?

1. plcarpe profile image81
    plcarpeposted 7 years ago

Can you link with a url to another hubber by using their URL?

I found some a site that is closely related to mine, and thought of posting a short description about that hub and linking it with that person's url. This, in turn, would generate more traffic for both of us, plus be more useful. I could not find any quality hubs that I wanted using the hub suggestions automator, so I thought of this possibility? Or is that now allowed. I am new here to HubPages.

2. Alison Graham profile image98
    Alison Grahamposted 7 years ago

I believe you are asking whether you can recommend a hub by linking to it from your site. This is fine and by doing so you are driving traffic to hubpages. I would recommend that you include your tracker code (if you do not know how to do this, please see my hub on the subject). This way, if anyone signs up to hubpages, you will benefit from the lifetime referral bonus and if anyone clicks on any adsense ads during the first 120 minutes of their visit to hubpages, you will get a percentage of the revenue for those adsense impressions too.
    You would effectively be bookmarking that hub for the author.

3. spirituality profile image61
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

The short answer is: of course it's allowed. The hub link suggestion tool is only a help, It was built by Hubpages to help people find relevant links for their hubs, but if you find relevant hubs some other way - nobody will mind (in fact all concerned will be happy) that you link to them.

I believe that within hubpages you won't need to use the referral code link to still get adsense credit, but I'm not 100% sure.

working