Ad Sense application denied due to improper URL access

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (32 posts)
  1. marcoujor profile image74
    marcoujorposted 13 years ago

I applied for a Google Ad Sense account and was declined due to URL issues.  See Below:

Further detail:
    Domain ownership: To complete our review of your website, we need to confirm that you have access to the HTML source code of the URL you've submitted or were given access to AdSense via a third-party platform.

I followed the directions for setup and entered hubpages.com in the URL space, and was told I did not have domain access to the URL.  Can someone offer some step-by-step assistance on this subject beyond what is in the learning center?  I do not want to make a second attempt until I am sure what I did wrong.
    Many Thanks,
    Marcoujor.

1. classicalgeek profile image80
      classicalgeekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is a general all-purpose solution to getting an Adsense account.
      1) go to Blogger.com (it is free) and start a blog.
      2) post about ten 300-word posts.
      3) apply to adsense.

If you are rejected, repeat steps 2 & 3 until you are accepted. Once you are accepted you can abandon your Blogger blog if you wish. You might want to keep it and use it for backlinks to your articles.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

As has been discussed numerous times on the forum, you give them your profile URL.

marcoujorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, classicalgeek... this is a great idea and I appreciate it...!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

AdSense has been issuing mysterious rejections even when the profile URL was used. Search the forums here and the AdSense support forums, and you will come across previous discussions about this issue.

marcoujorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know I certainly appreciate an answer like Website Examiner much more than yours, Uninvited Writer... because actually I did give them my profile URL and I was rejected. I may resist the urge to reach out to a forum like this if it it so nonsupportive but thank you again, WE... I will continue working on this matter.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amazing.  You stated in the OP that you "entered hubpages.com in the URL space" and (which UW picked up on) now that you gave them your profile URL.

You have a strange profile URL; one that leads a visitor to HubPages home page.

OK, I am struggling to remain non-defensive, wilderness. I have been a HUBBER for about 3-weeks (not 3-years, like some of my ctitics). I enjoy writing but I am not the greatest with anything technological. I strive to read/ self-instruct and not waste people's time. I actually called a friend over who is superior with IT issues and we decided to approach the Forum with the question.

I initially applied using hubpages.com (as my OP stated)

I re-applied (after reading a little more and a very supportive fan "RK" helped me individually... you see new people really respond to a little kindness/ not sarcasm)  adding /profile/ ___(my name)-- I believe I am on the right track but I will await my IT friend to assist with finishing the process...

I do not choose to respond to any more comments about my abilities and I frankly don't even understand your second paragraph. I will remain true to the reason I joined this group and, for myself, only offer comments that are constructive in nature.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marcoujor, my post was made in response to your comment that UW did not offer any help.  To the contrary he responded, based on your OP, that you needed your profile URL instead of hubpages URL.  According to your OP that would solve the problem, but instead of thanking him you commented that no one helps on the forums.  It was not a comment that would result in additional help.

My second (sarcastic) paragraph was perhaps a little out of line, but refers to your profile being the same as HubPages home page.

You will find a great number of hubbers more than willing to help newbies learn the ropes, but when you insult them for responding to what you say, that help will likely dissipate rather rapidly.

4. marcoujor profile image74

Touche, wilderness... I was taught to "rise above it" and I will admit when I am wrong and I will say I am sorry to whomever I have offended. I have not always found that to be the case on the other end.

While I am admittedly a "newbie" to HUBBING and all the technological stuff that is involved, I am really seasoned at treating people with kindness/ if someone is feeling sarcastic, then please don't answer my question (you might be hurting my feelings...) But, after what I have been through, I learn from every question asked, a whole lot more than the answer usually.

I will not chance asking another question on the Forum. I am enjoying my writing and I mean noone any disrespect nor do I wish to be treated with disrespect/ even in the form of sarcasm. Thank you and UW and again, my apology to both of you. This post is resolved on my end.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Marcoujor, I strongly encourage you to come back to the forum whenever you feel in need of assistance, or simply have anything you would like to contribute. The forum is an important asset available to all Hubbers.

You can take comfort in knowing that Uninvited Writer and Wilderness are both fine, knowledgeable and caring people. People who answer the help forum frequently can experience fatigue from time to time, having given the same answer dozens of times. That has happened to me as well, I have given a sarcastic answer or two. Like, "That is one of the most frequently answered questions, which is why you will find the answer in the FAQs."

The situation is that there are only a finite amount of people available to answer at any given time, and we try to not let someone wait for an answer for many hours, even days.

Minor brushes on the forum are not serious, and they do not preclude a healthy relationship - even friendship - further down the line. Happy Hubbing!

6. marcoujor profile image74

Website Examiner~~ You know, I have really broad shoulders and a wonderful perspective. I was almost killed. I am not going to die if I don't get the answer to a silly question. I don't go out of my way to offend "seasoned HUBBERS" Some people have an ego & some people don't. I don't know anyone here personally-- should I reach a score of "100"... I will still be "good old me..." I will most likely use the Forum to read and continue finding my own answers because it is not my style to waste people's time and be a general nuisance. Ironically, I teach adult students (who are very anxious and I tell them to ask me as many times as it takes... because that is the nice thing to do with people, at least in my mind...) or take a little break from the job. In my reading, if I find I can ever help someone, I certainly will~~ that is my nature... and I wanted to sincerely thank you... I appreciate both of your heartfelt responses to me.

7. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Have you tried signing up for and using a free Blogger account?

It is owned by Google.

Or, you could set up a Google Sites website.  They are free.

Both encourage you to use Adsense, so it is unlikely that they would deny you. 

Just a thought.

Thank you for both of these suggestions... I will definitely look into them, Tritrain... I appreciate your response, marcoujor

8. mathair profile image60
    mathairposted 12 years ago

Have you had any success in sorting out this problem with Google? I too have tried a couple of times and my latest reply drom them reads: To complete our review of your website, we need to confirm that you have access to the HTML source code of the URL you've submitted or were given access to AdSense via a third-party platform. It then asks me to access the HTML source code of my profile, then open a new page and apply again pasting in the source code and a message to say
    <p>This post confirms my ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense program policies and Terms and Conditions:

Sorry to jump in on your thread - i am just so frustrated! i've followed their instructions and now it feels like they are accusing me of stealing someones work or something!!  Anyone explain to me whats going on and how i go about opening another page??? Any help much appreciated.

9. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Mathair, your frustration is understandable. Obviously, you do not have access to the source code on HubPages. AdSense has been giving these replies in many cases, as further research of the forums here and the AdSense support forums will confirm. Unfortunately, I do not have the solution, but it appears to be an internal issue with Google.

Hi Mathair & Website Examiner--

Mathair-- Please do not apologize... I am grateful for your comment and your situation... after now trying (3) times, I am at the exact point you are at with GOOGLE... frustrating because HUB pages even sent me an invite telling me to apply to GOOGLE (but we know I have been trying... as you have been).

WE--You continue to be so kind and supportive in your responses... I appreciate that. I am setting up a time with my "IT" friend because I believe I know where this phrase needs to be pasted/ if I am successful in any way, I will let Mathair... anyone else who might be following.

I did set up a blogspot account as was suggested by classicalgeek above and I wrote (1) article... I admit I feel like I don't have time for writing the number of HUBS that I'd like to-- but I will go back to this idea if above is unsuccessful...

1. sofs profile image78
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is easier to get adsense approval with a blogger blog. Marcoujor I can tell you that I have been there and it has been frustrating.. don't worry about adsense for a month or two, focus on building your article  base, write as many hubs and blogs as possible and then reapply. I hope it will work out for you sooner than that. Best wishes to you.

Hi Sofs~~

I am really confident that "one day" I will be approved... I very much appreciate your supportiveness as well and I hope my new buddy Mathair is also reading this... I intend to stick to my course of writing decent HUBS as frequently as my schedule permits-- gradually adding to my blogspot as well... and keep trying to apply, good suggestion to wait for about a month.

Have a great day!

10. profile image0

I would advise anyone who receives inexplicable rejections from Google to post to the AdSense support forum. People there are simply more knowledgeable, including the Top Contributors, who can flag forum posts for staff review.

11. DTroth profile image62
    DTrothposted 12 years ago

After having the exact same problem as marcoujor and reading this thread, I am still a bit lost.  I am a MAJOR Newbie with HubPages and Google AdSense and even computers and copying and pasting and adding pages and links...my brain feels like it's going to explode at any minute!! 

However, I love to write and I am determined to figure this all out some day.  All of you who are replying seem very knowledgeable with this stuff and you are MUCH appreciated in taking the time to help out us Newbies.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Diana

12. mathair profile image60
    mathairposted 12 years ago

I would like to ask that anyone who figures this problem out would come back and give the rest of us some help please! I tried setting up a blog and i applied to Google adsense again and received exactly the same reply! I've been writing up questions on the adsense forum with very little helpful response either. It would be great to figure this one out. Thank you.

Hi mathair and  DTroth~~

I am sorry for the length of time it has taken me to get back on this issue. However, I wanted to wait until my IT friend had a chance to assist me-- we tried to cut and paste (unable); we tried to apply from the Hub invitation (unsuccessful for the same reason of domain ownership) and so I just followed W.E.'s latest advice and posted a Forum question to the Google Forum to see what counsel I might be able to relay...

I also wanted to pass on a tidbit that W.E. shared with me from another Hubster who had spoken to a Google Staffer~~ they wanted to see (15) published HUBS before consideration and she neogotiated this down to (10)... so I may very well get this as an answer myself...

In any event, hang in there and I shall keep you all posted of anything I should hear. Have a nice weekend and thanks to W.E. for your ongoing support...!

2. marcoujor profile image74

Hi Mathair and D Troth~~

I have been thinking about you both and just wondering if you have had success with acceptance into Ad Sense to date?

Hope you are  well and take care.

13. profile image0

Marcoujor, glad to help, and thanks for the update. The Hubber in question had waited for a long time, and could not understand what the issue might be. She posted to the AdSense support forum. Then she found a request on her Gmail account from Google Helpers to authorize them for chat. She authorized that, then had a chat with them, which was how the problem was finally resolved.

Hi All~~

The best advice I can give anyone who is having the same difficulty I was is that of Website Examiner... i.e.)  to consult with the GOOGLE Forum with your specific issues.  In my case, I went back and forth several times with a great lady, Gracey, who finally put me in touch with their Pro, Robin (who had been informed of my situation...)

I had applied via GOOGLE and was initially rejected for domain ownership . When I later tried to apply via Hub Pages (at their invite), GOOGLE kept looking at my initial application and rejecting me for the same reason (of domain ownership...) Robin was able to clear it out and I was immediately accepted...

So, if I can, you can... thank you, W. E.~~ now I have much reading/ trying to figure out the linking and such so I can start earning my pennies... it is truly very exciting!! Good luck to everyone else...!

1. sofs profile image78

Congrats ! that is the best news I have heard in some time now!! smilesmile

Thank YOU, sofs... and I became buddies with you in the process...!!

1. sofs profile image78

smile

2. mathair profile image60
        mathairposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on getting your Google Adsense Account marcoujor. I too found the Google Forum to be very helpful in addressing my problem and have now been accepted onto the programme! Best of luck with it all!

Mathair~~ This is wonderful and exciting news!! Now may we both make millions... at least in pennies (LOL)!!  Congratulations and I look forward to reading more of your great work!

14. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 12 years ago

Just reapply through your hubpages account once again and wait for their response.If you want to appy directly then put your hubpages profile link in your application.I hope you will be accepted this time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)