jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the length of the page more important than the contents of it?

1. jacques.gim profile image60
    jacques.gimposted 7 years ago

Is the length  of the page more important than the contents of it?

2. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

Quality should come before anything else.  I have read varying lengths of articles considered to be a good length.  A a minimum content should be 400 lines preferably around 600 lines.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not. While something that is overly long (that definition differs, I personally think that 400-600 lines, as rieom suggested, is far too long...more like 500-800 words) runs the danger of being tedious and should be broken into multiple series hubs, as long as it is written clearly and concisely then that is more important than the length. Taking information out just to hit an "optimal length" is counterproductive, and making things too brief could make them more difficult to understand. However, the key word here is "concise"...you should use exactly the number of words needed to convey your message, taking five pages to explain something that could have been done in one is a great way to lose readers. In short, as always, quality is the most important thing.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

No. My 1 article is 122 word count. You better make sure that every word you write is concise and to the point for your readers to understand easily. That is what I have done with my 1 unpublished hub and the referring sites found my 1 article on the internet 2 months later and all that I have done was to be patient and the referring sites found my article 2 months later. I hit the jackpot. 1112 ever views on my 0 hubs.

working