jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are back links are powerful than quality of the contents of websites?

1. ershruti304 profile image59
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

Are back links are powerful than quality of the contents of websites?

2. profile image0
    Kieran Gracieposted 6 years ago

I don't believe that it is either one or the other - both are equally important as far as ranking in the search engine results, particularly Google, from your point of view as the webmaster.  Google would argue that quality of content is more important because that is what it is offering the searcher.  It merely uses the number and quality of your backlinks to help establish the relevance of your website in answer to the searcher's query (ie the keyword used). 

So, as always, you have to concentrate on both content quality AND backlinks! Hope that helps.

3. Helena Ricketts profile image97
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

I think with the "new" Google that the quality of the content of the website outweigh the number of backlinks.  I've seen sites that have thousands of backlinks with shotty content rank lower than sites with fewer backlinks but original content that rank pretty high.

The quality of the backlinks has something to do with it too, not just the number.  If you post a backlink to a garden site from a website about auto parts, it doesn't carry as much weight as it used to before Panda.

At least that's what I've heard and read since Google made their changes.

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Regardless of what the Google algorithm says, content is always far more important than backlinks. Why? Because backlinks may help a bit with ranking and can drive traffic to your site, but if you have a 95% bounce rate, no repeat visitors and an average of five seconds on the site, it's utterly useless. Backlinks are one mechanism to get people to your content, but it is the function of the content to keep them there. You have to have high-quality content that actually offers a visitor some value if you want someone to read, respond, click on ads, and possibly buy things. You want something that people will read from start to finish, and you want something that they will feel compelled to share with their friends.

5. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

It depends on how powerful the Page Rank is of the site that is backlinking to you. If you got a backlink from Google.com's home page (Page Rank 10)  to a site with only one word in it and a link to your hub then you would probably rank very high in the search engines for that word.