jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can your profile be too long?

1. Joesy Shmoesy profile image59
    Joesy Shmoesyposted 7 years ago

Can your profile be too long?

Or too short for that matter?  What do you like to see on someone's profile?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I don't think so, I see many users with excessive profile length. It might not be very convenient but if you have a lot to say, why not.

It can definitely be too short: if it is too short then I learn too little about you so I can't see who I would be following. If your profile is empty then it is hard to get followers. If you tell the world a bit more about yourself then you will also get more followers (provided you do everything else well, like writing hubs and leaving insightful comments).

3. kannanwrites profile image94
    kannanwritesposted 7 years ago

Not more than 100 words. To me its the ideal length to keep the reader interested.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The longer the profile, the greater the chance that the reader will not get introduced to any of the many Hubs that are automatically promoted in your profile.  After all, if someone goes to your profile, don't you want them to find more of your Hubs?  Keep it short, to the point, and make it interesting.

5. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 7 years ago

Depends.  If you want the reader to read all of it, then too long can be a problem (I freely admit to not fully reading profiles that take up half a page or more - unless I later find myself enjoying their hubs and then I'll go back to it).  I also agree with Relache's point about wanting readers to easily see your featured hubs.

On the other hand, there is nothing 'wrong' with having a longer profile so that those who want to read more can do it (like Simeonvisser mentioned).  BUT, if you do that, I would recommend putting the most important stuff at the start of the  profile so that people like me who prefer shorter profiles can still get a sense of who you are before they stop reading.

Overall, my philosophy is to write whatever length of profile you'd be comfortable reading of someone else's.

working