jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can a Hubber change the title of an already published HubPage?

1. chuckfizz profile image60
    chuckfizzposted 7 years ago

Can a Hubber change the title of an already published HubPage?

Just learned some more details about optimizing for the search engine, but only after having published my first Hub. I am not sure how this might affect the future ranking of the Hub or if there may be some dependencies between the full URL and the title used on the Hub. The URL did seem to be derived from the title.

2. humagaia profile image56
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

The URL is derived from the title you originally set up. The URL will always be static so this cannot be changed. However, you can change the title as much and as many times as you like. Hubpages assists you with this where they find that some searches have been completed with words that you do not have in your title (Title Tuner on the menu within 'My Account).
    Your title should consist of your target keywords as far as possible, and without 'noise' words (as, in, a, the etc).
    As you develop your skills in SEO you will develop the skill for title tuning.
    It is worth making an effort before setting up your URL also. Not for Google, which does not put great store in this, but for Yahoo and Bing which apparently do.
    Anyway, welcome to HP. You should find this a great place to publish your articles. By asking this question it shows that you are on the right track to develop a good base for residual income.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

Yes, you can change the title of a hub.  There is actually a tool called the title tuner in the My Account section to help with this.  The URL cannot be changed, but I wouldn't worry about it.  The title is the most important thing to get right.

4. chuckfizz profile image60
    chuckfizzposted 7 years ago

Thank you humagaia and Paul. Whew, I was hoping to hear that title changing was a good thing to do.

Now, all I need to do is get my head wrapped around the usage of the keyword and phrases tool and start thinking in terms of keyword phrases when word-smithing...

working