jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

When it comes to writing do you write about what you love? what makes money? or

1. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

When it comes to writing do you write about what you love? what makes money? or seo?

2. angel115707 profile image61
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

what I love...life is too short to become a marketer, spammer, or a sell out in hopes to make an easy buck, we all know getting a real job makes more than cheap tricks to get high pay per clicks... and I really feel sorry for people who get too obsessed with that... I feel like saying to them, "have fun, breathe a little, and go outside" LOL

3. cpvr profile image60
    cpvrposted 7 years ago

I usually write about what I love - because I know others would enjoy the voice behind my content. Anything can make money, you just to have quality content that you can place advertisements on - and get links to the content so that you can start earning.

Content is first, money comes second.

4. Misty May profile image84
    Misty Mayposted 7 years ago

I just write about what interests me or affects me.

5. Sarah Masson profile image70
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

I always write about my interests and what I love and am interested in. Otherwise I would not enjoy writing.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i write about things that are important to me and i have no idea what seo is.

7. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

I always thought in my head whilst using HubPages that I was just in it for the money and that I have never been very good at writing and that it was just a little chance to explore different revenue sources. However, I now realise that I am most definately doing it for the fun of it, I am not sure that I am writing about what I love, but I know now that I am not in it for the money, although the few pennies earnt are all the more exciting.

I came to realise this when I would stop doing menial tasks at home that I wasn't enjoying and instead take a break on HubPages. Also I realised that, since I have a job, I am earning next to nothing (on hubpages) and that this was not a new attempt at making an income.

All in all, I would say that I am fitting to the writing about what I love category. But I think that it is more that I am writing just for the thrill of engaging with a new community and the excitement of finding many views of my hubs

8. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

I write about subjects I am interested in mostly, e.g. animals, gardening, fishing etc, but hopefully in a way that will also make me money, and I try, at least in part, to word them in a way that encourages SEO, (search engine optimisation). This must work to a good degree as I get a payout every month from Adsense now.

9. nflagator profile image57
    nflagatorposted 7 years ago

I love to write.  My writing is from personal experience and knowledge on subjects that are of importance to me, which, of course I hope is important or at the very least useful to others. 
    I don’t ever start my writing by thinking “What topic or commercial product can I write about that will make money for me?”.  I doubt I will ever make a cent.   That has never been, nor ever shall be my goal. 
    To me, knowledge is wealth.  Since I’m not a millionaire, knowledge is all I have to share with the world.
    Just wish I had more time to do it, lol.  I’ve been working on one specific hub since January 1st, 2011 and am still wrestling with it.  Could be Easter by the time I finish it.  Ah, the love of writing!

10. karengibsonroc profile image80
    karengibsonrocposted 7 years ago

i write about what i love because loving what you do will always bring abundance both financially as well as spiritually

working