jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What type of hub topics make money?

1. theoctopusjar profile image75
    theoctopusjarposted 7 years ago

What type of hub topics make money?

Are there particular hub topics you must write in order to make money on hubpages, or does that not matter?

2. siemenscx profile image61
    siemenscxposted 7 years ago

Hey, yes if you want to put your hubpage public and make from it money, you have to make good quality name of it, that the search engines could find it at first places, and good content in it.

3. Paul Berod profile image71
    Paul Berodposted 7 years ago

That is a question that I also like to know the answer. I have read many "experts" who say  that's easy. They say we must find the key words and just wait it rains money. But in practice, I also still can not make money on Hubpages.

4. dtchosen profile image60
    dtchosenposted 7 years ago

Making money on Hupages is still based on Adsense and as such it is common knowledge that of all those who are doing it, only 10% are successful. In my case, I am using hubpages as part of my portfolio and set long term goals as far as Adsense is concerned.

5. joshhunt83 profile image60
    joshhunt83posted 7 years ago

Having searched through hundreds of hubs and after reading the success stories the hubs that seem to make the most money are how-to-guides. Hope that helps.

6. MakeEasyCash profile image75
    MakeEasyCashposted 7 years ago

Perseverance, hard work, research SEO and high quality content. Don't write about what everyone else writes about... unless you can do it MUCH better than they can.

7. Ken Barton profile image57
    Ken Bartonposted 7 years ago

Honestly, the variables are nearly endless, key words, links, back links, all these can help; but, when it comes down to it, my advice is to write what you love, what you have a passion for, and let that passion show through in your writing.  Let your passion be your driving force for developing your writing and in time the money will start to come in.  Hub Pages is not a get rich quick opportunity.  Those who have been making great money are those who have been at it for several years, have hundreds of Hubs, and most importantly - Stayed the Course.

"Winners never Quit, and Quitters can never win!"

8. The Ski profile image80
    The Skiposted 7 years ago

I Find getting a reader intrigued by your hub helps alot. Create follow on scenarios so they will want to move onto your next hub...and the next....and the next. I have only recently started making money with hubpages, but still have a long way to go. Check out my story, The return of Planet X- The communicator, with installments that tend to keep bringing people back.
    Good luck

9. iyazam profile image56
    iyazamposted 7 years ago

What ever your writing about make sure that its really unique and fresh information - people respond to extreme value. The traffic comes from people giving your content a re-tweet or a Facebook like.

10. Judy_Shilmar profile image58
    Judy_Shilmarposted 7 years ago

write a review of products or any topic will do...

11. theoctopusjar profile image75
    theoctopusjarposted 7 years ago

Thank you guys so much, all of you. smile
    I'm not that interested in making a LOT of money. I'd be happy with five bucks. It's the principle of that matter that interests me. I was just curious as to what the heck you have to write about to get said five bucks. Haha.

I'm happy I got so many helpful answers!

12. naumaan profile image57
    naumaanposted 7 years ago

I agree with other hubbers that there is no such specific topic(s) but write only in which you have full command and authority as well as see current demand. You can find these through Google Adwords and Analytics.
    But, in short, there is no short cut of earning high revenue through online. Perseverance and hard work besides proper planning for high viewership is the key of success.

13. Ddraigcoch profile image82
    Ddraigcochposted 7 years ago

There is no specific hub topic that attracts more revenue. How to's definitely get more interest. But that does not mean any one will click an ad. You just have to keep plugging away as best you can.

14. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 7 years ago

My hubs with the most traffic are home improvement and technology. I only have fourteen hubs, so I have not made much money yet. I know of one hubber who makes good money on product hubs. The least popular are hubs on the elderly based on my own experience of writing one, -a shame as we need to care about the elderly.I don't really care about money for that hub. We just need to keep writing about what we know or what kind of research interests us.

15. leonardobapex profile image60
    leonardobapexposted 7 years ago

You must think of a business-related topic such as those that readers wants to buy in the market. Remember that Internet is big part of business industry.  So your hub must contain lots of business keywords, ideas and suggestions.
    Also a hub that has health-related topic is interesting and you pull a lot of readers and your traffic will grow. If you have good knowledge about practical advice about home-doctoring or natural home remedy for treating common ailments, that are some of  pretty a good money-maker topics.

16. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

How-to guides. Doesn't matter if you know what you're doing or not. Any article promising "How to get your short story published" "How to make your resume look professional" or anything promising to help people gain in some way will draw readers like flies to feces. Of course the rub is that it's a confidence game same as the Nigerian prince offering you money. In the back of every prospective reader's mind, they know full well that if you had all the answers you wouldn't be wasting your time here, but the fact is those readers actively want to believe that this time it will be different. So they ignore their better judgment, look through the article, find nothing a sensible person wouldn't already know, and then kick themselves because they knew better. But guess what? It doesn't matter, they've already read your article. And they'll have the same brain fart the next time they come across one of your articles and do it again. That's how you make money writing content online.

Cripes, humans are gullible, aren't we?

working