I have 955 views on my articles

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

What happens when I top 1000?

is there some type of bonus associated with that?

regards,

JR

1. Angel Of Love profile image63
      Angel Of Loveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You will get a medal for it.

vancouverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting , where is this medal in your profile?

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

You are .001 % of the way to where you need to be lol

1. vancouverdentist profile image40
      vancouverdentistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many his per hub is normal for a well performing article?

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who knows whats normal..I bet "0" views a day is the normal amount most hubbers get

a successful amount of views? what constitutes success?..you really want at least 100views per hub a day - and hope you get 1 click out of that traffic

but then again..i personally have hubs that see under 20 views a day and still create a couple dollars income every day anyway

there is no norm..to many variables

3. PhilD41 profile image67
    PhilD41posted 14 years ago

I think I have seen people get a bronze medal for this accomplishment.  I am not exactly sure what the medals do for you other than make you feel good though. smile

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry... Quite Right, you do!

But there is an inscription that says: "write more; you are .001% of the way there" lol

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

not much, now try to get that many views in a day

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That pretty much sums it up! Over time you will see your view volume increase; provided that you maintain quality content and maximise SEO.

5. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

I have been writing articles in a fairly targeted niche wasnt expecting to get that many views on them. Maybe ill try some more general ones. You would suggest backlinking your hubs to increase views? And if so backlinking with what type of links?

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your hubpage links...spread them around on the web... in a targeted manner though!

One of my articles ranks number one in google for its search string, and still it doesn't see much traffic. The google keyword research I did on it suggests that it should. I guess that its all relative like sunforged said there is no norm.

1. sunforged profile image71

One of my articles ranks number one in google for its search string, and still it doesn't see much traffic. The google keyword research I did on it suggests that it should. I guess that its all relative like sunforged said there is no norm.

How are you doing your research?

How to Get the Best Deal on a Limousine
          ..your hub with that title ranks 1st in google..awesome!

But, their is such a low number of searches for that term, it is unmeasurable

as a quick trick..i would hunt the misspelling "limosine" 50,000 searches a month - 450,000 (a lot) but the leaders wouldnt be hard to beat out

Thats great advice. I actually remember reading that on griz or someone elses site, maybe tuttles? Ill def do that.

regards,
            JR

2. sunforged profile image71

stick to your niche! the general traffic is less profitable and harder to rank for ( i wouldnt trade my targetted buyers at 20 a day for 1000 window shoppers!)

easy backlinks can be made via article marketing, forum/comment posting,yahoo answers and making your own microsites

what type of links?

dofollow anchor text with your keywords

backlinks are easy to understand, big g has many helpful guides as does the hubpages community

Yes ive read some of Big Gs work, and agree that social traffic has almost no worth (as you call them window shoppers) Im new to SEO and hubpages still just getting a handle on it,

regards,
        JR

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Maybe it would be helpful for some of us newbies if there is a really good hub page on SEO targeted for hub pages, basically good easy to implement tips on driving traffic to our pages? Anyone know if one has already been written or maybe is interested in writing one?

I have read loads on SEO but have often felt it wasnt clear for the purpose I need, if I was running my own site it would make a huge difference but here I just kinda use twitter and facebook and have submitted each page URL to ping sites and linked to my blog (not much of a blog really, did not find it as rewarding as hub pages).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)