jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why can't we block bullies and inappropriate people from our hubs and profiles?

1. MikeSyrSutton profile image69
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 7 years ago

Why can't we block bullies and inappropriate people from our hubs and profiles?

2. Sethareal profile image75
    Setharealposted 7 years ago

set your comments section up to be approval only, then simply do not approve comments that are abusive. Constructive criticism is very helpful though.

The only place as far as I can tell that bullies are allowed to roam freely is on the forums and questions sections to a certain extent, you can flag them though.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

My rule is "don't insult my Mother" and your  comment and life are safe.  I don't often get ridiculous comments, but I consider them something that I can have fun with in my reply.  I think lemons should be made into lemonade.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i haven't experienced any bullying on here but i have answered questions where i'm betting the author wished i hadn't. i'm glad that all answers are visible because if we were to edit out any comment we didn't like then it would be useless to have the question in the first place.

5. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

Wesman's mom has got it goin' on!  tongue

I'm probably a huge perpetrator of this and possible part of the problem. No, wait, I'm pretty sure I'm a part of the problem.  But in a way, also a part of the solution seeing there be method in my madness.  Well, at least that's what we're going for, right other Bronson?

Yes, Bronson, that's right.

Good.  Gemini twins out.

(There's a moderation filter in account settings.  For continued offenders in the public area, use the flag option and give a cool, calm reply otherwise the emotional flavor of the complaint might hurt the moderator's ears and interfere with getting the desired moderation.  I learned that the hard way)

working