jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

With hot topics is it better to get a short hub out fast, or a more complete hub

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
    Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years ago

With hot topics is it better to get a short hub out fast, or a more complete hub published later?

Even if you risk other people publishing first?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

The way I see it, if other people publish first then it's a higher chance that they rushed their own article. Personally, I'd much rather make sure that I give the most complete, valuable article possible to my readers rather than worry about who gets their first. I honestly can't give you an objective earnings-based study on this, but I do believe that quality will always come out on top in the long run.

3. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I would rather see a complete and more accurate article. The ones that are published fast will soon fall under the views, even though they might get lots of hits to start off with.

The better key would be to focus on the article and good keywords.

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 7 years ago

I think you should mix it up to get a better looking profile.

But I would be more inclined towards the better looking hubs, published later.
    But one has to be prolific too.

5. Marie Gail profile image78
    Marie Gailposted 6 years ago

I'm still "wet behind the ears" as a "Hubber," but I think some balance is important. Putting out a good, short Hub is better than waiting too long. Of course, good, well-written and well-researched information is important as well. In my Hubs, I have been taking advantage of the "edit" option to add link and photos after the original post. While this may not always be ideal, sometimes I would tend to delay posting for too long while looking for the "perfect photo."

working