Was my response to your comment put in the right place?

1. Printing Control profile image60
    Printing Controlposted 6 years ago

Was my response to your comment put in the right place?

should have I put it in a direct message? How long have you been hubbing? do you make money, decent money at it. Is it something that a person can make $5,000 per month with?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yes, it was in the right place smile. Anything that could be a question that other people have too I always prefer to answer in the comments so that they can benefit too big_smile. As for your questions:

I've been on Hubpages for over three years now, though the first year I didn't do a lot with it and kind of fumbled through while I was finding interesting niches. At that time I also had a ton of clients so I was working way too hard on things that didn't provide recurring revenue for me, but that's smoothing out nicely now wink.

I do still have a couple of clients, a couple of sites, and write on Hubpages as well as three other sites (Helium, Epinions, and Associated Content). The combination of these has been enough to keep my family of four afloat, and mine is the only income. While $5,000 is a stretch target, it is certainly possible, though it would take quite a bit of work to build up to it. Now that I'm finally applying my marketing skills to my own stuff rather than giving so much energy to clients, the affiliate writing sites have grown to where they're paying my rent (and often the groceries too), but my own sites and clients fill in the rest of our living expenses for now.

That said, I've found that one of the primary values of Hubpages is that it's a great way to test marketing strategies, introduce ideas that may later grow into their own sites or information products, and other such things that can potentially pay off a lot faster. The sales I make through Hubpages certainly make it worth continuing to work on for its own merit and income, but as a market research tool it is outstanding.

3. Printing Control profile image60
    Printing Controlposted 6 years ago

Again, Wchic...feels wierd calling you that. Thank you for your comprehensive, candid and heartfelt response. You will go far. Are you a Facebookie?

working