jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How are HubPages' impressions (40%) different to our's?

1. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

How are HubPages' impressions (40%) different to our's?

Their new scheme for advertising on our Hubs where they are allowing us to make more money by using networks other than AdSense, is expected to be rolled out to all users by June. However, whilst reading the replies etc.  on the forum, I noticed that they say the adverts are nothing new it's just the type of adverts they show on their 40% of the time, now made available to us. How do these adverts differ from our one? I have never seen a different layout of adverts or non-Google adverts when looking through hubs. Thank you.

2. mahmoud hammad profile image51
    mahmoud hammadposted 7 years ago

i think  it will be better because hubpages will help us to earn  more money

3. fundguru profile image60
    fundguruposted 7 years ago

Well I suppose it is about different affiliate partners. as you may know some advertisement networks offer you a fixed CPM price per view. Although such ads use the same frames like fullsize banner or medium ractangle, the key difference is the revenue.

Now you only earny money if somebody really clicks on an add. So you take the full risk and often the earnings are pretty low.

This would change if for instance adsbrite or other networks become partners, that offer you CPM campaigns. Such are often used by premium brands to dominate in the web. They are not so keen on many clicks, but on the brand recognition.

And to answer your question abouut different advert layouts e.g. think of layers, inertials and pop ups. Recently inertials have become very popular, because they use videos and pay high CPM prices to webmasters.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The new ad program features ads that are sold directly to HubPages and matched to Hubs by them.  They've been testing them for many months during their 40% impression share. 

I was part of the beta test over the last six weeks (one of only nine people) and the new ads don't hardly look any different.  If you aren't paying attention you would not be able to tell them apart from Google-served ads.  But the pay-out is significantly higher, which I suspect is because the advertising relationship does not have a middle broker taking a cut.

To answer your original question, HubPages 40% impression share MIGHT be different from the general ads in that they do testing of different ad systems in that slot that they do not put out to the general site membership.

working