jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some specific strategies that we as Hubbers can work on to improve the

1. ThunderKeys profile image66
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

What are some specific strategies that we as Hubbers can work on to improve the quality of Hubpages?

There's the Google down-grade, the problem of un-flagged poor content etc, but what are some specific suggestions for how we as Hubbers can actually work together to improve Hubpages? Should we form monitoring and quality assurance teams? What are your practical suggestions and are you willing to participate in such efforts?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4745967_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    BIKTMIAposted 7 years ago

I was say be asked to post before you just post to hubpages as the a-forementioned. Some side articles I didn't care for being posted to because of not relevant positive to site or topics and not every one is a personality match.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Having some kind of community editing system that all articles must go through would be a nice way to make sure that only high-quality content makes it through. I write on another site that does this and is has greatly improved the overall quality of the site, and also allows low-quality producers the chance for mentoring to raise the quality of their work. Editors are chosen from the community based on the quality of their own work.

4. nicehubs profile image39
    nicehubsposted 7 years ago

Although I think what wychic says makes sense (in theory), I don't see how this can be implemented on hubpages without creating more problems than solutions. The hubs with irrelevant content will naturally not rank well in the search engines and consequently they will not be accessed by a significant number of readers. It is a natural selection process, if you will. The inappropriate hubs are banned by hubpages editors anyway. The good hubbers will represent Hubpages and the natural process for it is already inforced by hubpages editors.

5. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Personally, I like Hubpages the way it is. What is there to really improve. The stuff that is junk usually gets tossed to the side eventually.

My only suggestion... have a longer trial period for new hubbers where the hubs must be reviewed before they are seen by others. Maybe that would get rid of those people who forget punctuation and overall have poor quality.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 7 years ago

The ideas proposed by wychic and barbergirl28 are excellent.
    I hope that HP staff takes a note of this.

The problem that I see is that  there are millions of hubs and a large number of hubbers and only 28 HP staff.

There is no way that they can patrol and monitor everything. We either take responsibility and begin seriously flagging low quality hubs or Hubpages will continue to face these same issues for some time to come.

working