jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you use any youtube video in a hub?

1. Azure11 profile image91
    Azure11posted 7 years ago

Can you use any youtube video in a hub?

Are you allowed to use any youtube video in your hub or do you have to get permission from the owner of the video?

2. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

When using a youtube video in your hub, you are also getting the owner of the video more views and recognition so i cant see why there would be a problem.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

If the uploader of the YouTube video has allowed embedding then you can safely assume you can embed the video in your hub. Also, in any case, it's also beneficial for the uploader as it attracts more viewers to good video content.

4. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

If there are copyright restrictions the video won't play. So after uploading the video and publishing the article, it is a good idea to check playback. Sometimes the link is broken due to copyright.  You can also check for the copyright logo, that is a good indicator that it is not allowed.
    Otherwise, I agree with what the others have said, it gives the owner exposure so it is ok.

5. imatellmuva profile image79
    imatellmuvaposted 7 years ago

Yes you can. As others have previously stated it provides greater exposure for the person who uploaded the video to youtube. I used a youtube video in one of my hubs, and it was the perfect compliment to what I wrote about.

6. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 7 years ago

I agree with Simeonvisser but something no one has mentioned yet is that you also need to make sure the video content complies with Hubpages rules and guidelines. For instance, some videos have nudity so that wouldn't be a good thing to add here.

working