jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Spell Checker Missing

1. Earth Angel profile image65
    Earth Angelposted 8 years ago

Greetings from Earth Angel!! A few weeks ago I noticed the spell-check feature had disappeared on all of the active comment boxes within my Hubs, or when I'm commenting on anyone else's Hubs!! Am I having yet another "blonde moment" and it's right in front of me?? Blessings always, Earth Angel!!

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No blonde moment, I had it and its gone for me to. I'm no expert though so if someone could help that would be very cool!

2. larryfreeman profile image83
    larryfreemanposted 8 years ago

Hi EarthAngel,

We removed it in the effort to speed up the web site.

Most browsers include a spellchecker so we figured that it wasn't really needed.

For example, if you use Firefox, all misspelled words get underlined in red.

-Larry

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Um, Larry, isn't it time for you to GO HOME! Believe me, we'll all still be here tomorrow arguing about politics or religion or other assorted and sundry stuff. Go, relax, enjoy!

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Sorry Larry forgive my ignorance what is my browser and how do I make it check my spelling?

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hopefully Larry has gone home for the day. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox as your browser?

3. Earth Angel profile image65
      Earth Angelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Larry!! Thank you for the clarification!! I create using aol as my browser and it doesn't have a spell checker!!?? Did it really slow down the site that much?? I'll see what I can do!! Thank you again for letting me know!! Blessings always, Earth Angel!!

working