jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are all the pictures and video's being used by some hub writers okay to use in t

1. Cindy2011 profile image58
    Cindy2011posted 7 years ago

Are all the pictures and video's being used by some hub writers okay to use in their hubs?

I'm always concerned about copy write laws. Is it really their article when it is imbedded with pictures and multiple videos from other sites?

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Up till this month, Hubpages allowed duplicate content, as long as  it had no outgoing links. However Hubpages recently changed its ToS so duplicates are not allowed.

When it comes to pictures, you should only use graphics that have open and commercial use licences on them - and always attribute to the author.

However I'm afraid that many people don't do this.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

With videos, it's fairly safe to say that it's okay for the writer to use it because whoever posted the video enabled embedding, which effectively gives anyone the ability to place it on their page. For pictures, I'm sure there are some people using pictures that they're not supposed to use, but anything that's either your own picture or that has a creative commons license can be used.

4. Cindy2011 profile image58
    Cindy2011posted 7 years ago

Hi Wychic - One is only able to copy original works if copy right is given.  Just because it's easy to copy, doesn't mean it's free for everyone to use.  It only means the individual who posted it, didn't know how to protect it.  I'm a Canadian. Our copy right laws state all original material posted on the internet is owned by its creator or contract holder and can only be copied if permission is given. If the original owner wanted to take legal action, our Canadian laws would support the owner, not those using it without permission.  It is a concern.

working