jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Plans to reduce number of hubs that are nothing more than adds?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Plans to reduce number of hubs that are nothing more than adds?

Are there any plans to reduce the number of hubs that are nothing more than an add for the company or huber who writes them? and hubs that show only photos with no text.

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Flag -- flag -- and flag some more? So far that seems to be the primary plan of action, though I haven't followed up on many of the flags I've personally done to see how quickly admin is responding to them. I'd imagine that since they're trying so hard to improve the Google opinion on this domain they'd be responding quickly, but apart from that...there are thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of backlog on a lot of junk, so doubtless it will take a LONG time to clean out the spam and unreadables.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Ok...I give up on hub hoping. I tried to do hub hoping today to help new comers and read new postings.. but the vast majority are nothing more than adds, or are of very low quality English.

Hubpages staff; are any steps in the works?

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

4. profile image58
    rieomposted 6 years ago

I came across a hub today that was maybe 300 word count and had 12 ads on it for Amazon.  I did not flag it but in retrospect I should have.

5. Maembe profile image60
    Maembeposted 6 years ago

I think all we can do is just flag as many as possible.  I would like to see them implement a policy where new users would have to finish three hubs and submit them for mod approval before they would be free to post whatever they want.  I think that would cut down on the spam a lot.

6. skisy profile image82
    skisyposted 6 years ago

Ironically that's probably one good reason to carry on hub hopping. If HubPages just becomes flooded with ads, it'll be a shame as not only are they annoying but it will decrease the value and respectability of the website and therefore all of the hubs that actually contain quality content.

So definitely, keep hopping, especially if you were already finding time to do it. Hopefully you'll still be able to help out new comers but you'll also be able to help the site and all hubbers as a whole by helping to get rid of all the ads etc...

7. Wendy S. Wilmoth profile image77
    Wendy S. Wilmothposted 6 years ago

I agree with everybody who says FLAG, FLAG, FLAG.