jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can I use the same article I wrote on hubpages for other sites?

1. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 6 years ago

Can I use the same article I wrote on hubpages for other sites?

2. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 6 years ago

you should be able to, if you wrote it it's your work, you own it, hub pages does not own your work

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

If you do, your Hubpages article will eventually be flagged as a duplicate and unpublished. If you delete it from HubPages then you can use is anywhere.

4. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 6 years ago

thanks for your answers, but they contradict each other..haha..will see what happens then smile

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image60
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Yes you can use it on other websites.
    If you copy your articles from hubpages on other websites then your article will NOT be marked as duplicate as someone suggested.

6. kwade tweeling profile image90
    kwade tweelingposted 6 years ago

There is a simple work around.

No site wants to have plagiarism and deal with copyright issues. IF the system FINDS a duplicate, it MAY flag as a duplicate. The same may be true if your other publication has a similar setup.

The work around is this: If you want to publish the same article and possibly get both more hits and avoid copyright flagging, rewrite the article. Use the same details just reword and or rearrange the content. Putting a link to the other article may be a good idea as well. I have numerous friends who do this to get exposure as much as possible.

Also, while unique content is good for HubPages, giving reference to HubPages is better. And for you, exposure and presence are most important.

working