jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Is it ok to post my hubpages article on google site??

1. arunjain1989 profile image55
    arunjain1989posted 8 years ago

Well,I wanted to know if i can also put my article on google site.And if i do would it affect my ratings here at hubpages.I have already put one of my hubpages articles.I have done this just incase google forgets i am from india and accepts my google adsense application;).Also i would remove my article from google site immediately  if it would affect my score at hubpages.I just love at hubpages and i have never dropped below the score of 85 after i published my first article.and i would not want it to drop now.So any one from hubpages staff ca  help me please???

1. SandyMcCollum profile image71
      SandyMcCollumposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's more than okay, but you don't have too. Google will find your page and put on good ads in the next 24 hours. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put it in yourself, but you just don't have to.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image71
      SandyMcCollumposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just notice your photo. Arunjain! How cute!!!! Looks like my daughter when she was young, she could give the best dirty looks!

arunjain1989posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the compliments and taking time to read my profile.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

It's not a good idea to reproduce/copy articles to multiple places, as Google will pick one site as being relevant and downgrade the rest.

Thank you relache for help.And I am very glad that you read my post and replied.You know you are one of the most celebrated author here at hubpages.And have authority almost like any hubpages staff.Thnx for the help again.

3. kirstenblog profile image80
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

I am not HP staff but I would say that if you duplicate your articles elsewhere it is likely to affect your score as eventually the article will get flagged as being duplicated somewhere out there on the net, HP does not like this and google does not like duplicated content. My suggesting would be to re-write the article just enough so that it does not get flagged as being duplicated.

By spending a few mins changing it about a bit and adding a link to the article here you could potentially increase the earning potential of that article. I don't know if this other place that you have posted an article to uses revenue sharing similar to HP but if so this method could in theory double the earning potential of the article and wont require double the time taken to create content (a simple re-write of 10 to 15 mins could mean double the earnings on a topic you have already done all the research for).

Hope this helps!

This would surely help.Thanks for the advice.

4. Brian Leighton profile image69
    Brian Leightonposted 8 years ago

I have articles on my website and I have duplicated 2 of them here, however HP has already marked one of my articles as 'Duplicate' as my article has already been indexed by Google! I am not earning from Adsense here so I don't really mind...

5. arunjain1989 profile image55
    arunjain1989posted 8 years ago

Brian you are also in the same spot as mine except for the fact that you already have your adsense approved.I am also not able to earn because when I apply it says i need to wait for six months.So this time I want to apply through google itself.Just waiting  for reply and if i get rejected again,i will remove my article and wait for six  months.,

1. kirstenblog profile image80
      kirstenblogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have heard that google is more likely to accept you when you are using them for blogging (or whatever) so I got my fingers crossed for you that it goes off without a hitch!

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure that's a myth.  Google is more likely to accept you for Adsense if you have your own well-established blog or website, regardless of how it's hosted.

6. thranax profile image49
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Google used to be more likely to give new Hubpages Users accounts, but lately I don't think thats the case now there are so many spammers, I got mine quickly without problems when I signed up for it, but it seems more and more are waiting a long time or not getting accepted. Blogger accounts will receive adsense if they are old and can get a pagerank (just increasing the odds, if its a new one you might not get accepted.)

~thranax~

working