jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Pride can be a stumbling block to progress and oppotunity....how can it be contr

1. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

Pride can be a stumbling block to progress and oppotunity....how can it be controlled or stopped

2. MimiKat33 profile image75
    MimiKat33posted 6 years ago

I think you have to exercise self-control, don't let pride be the decisive factor in how you deal with people.

3. dablufox profile image55
    dablufoxposted 6 years ago

Perform some volunteer work in a soup kitchen or do some similar community work.

4. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 6 years ago

Pride?! A stumbling block?! My dear fellow, I do believe you're mistaken.  It's the lack of pride that blocks progress and opportunity. 

Pride is one of those unfortunate intangibles that has been ruthlessly slandered and attacked for far too long! Much like adultery... totally kidding!

If you don't take pride in stuff, then you'll just end up breaking all your toys.  Nobody wants to be friends with that kid...

5. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 6 years ago

Although you make a lot of sense Ryan, I think that in this case pride as in scared to lose face.
    Which is not really pride, but just fear/insecurity, but many times it falsely gets labeled pride.

Too proud to say sorry, for example.
    This fear is best overcome by learning to care less about what other people think.
    We are always scared of what other people think of us, while in fact other people rarely think about us, because they are too busy worrying about what we think about them.

If you stop trying to be a mindreader (which you are not) and just live your life in a way that you know is good, without worrying what other peoples opinions are. Then your "pride" will not be in your way.
    Just treat people the way you want to be treated. Don't treat them in a way that you think they want to be treated, because you can't read their mind. Just be thoughtful of others.

6. Dreatech profile image59
    Dreatechposted 6 years ago

Yes, you 're right; but if you understand the fact that downfall/destruction always ends the pride in heart, and you also have it in mind that God says "the more succesful you 're in life the more humble you should be". then if not a stone hearted person, it will see it controlable.