30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I looked at my account, and I started hubbing on 8/22/09.  I have 20 hubs, so far.  I think I'll make it!  I have until 9/22/09 to write ten more hubs.  So, 10 more hubs to go in 8 days...and I don't want them to be trash, either...well, wish me luck!  And GOOD LUCK to everyone taking this challenge!

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go Paradise7, go! You can make it!!

Just don't sleep for a couple of the upcoming nights and you should be just fine. smile

1. Paradise7 profile image70
        Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you guys so much for the support.  I now have eight more to go to reach 30, and seven more days.  Creeping up on it!

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

You can do it! Now go ... go go go. And write while you're going wink

3. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

go go go go go!

smile

4. susieq450 profile image60
    susieq450posted 14 years ago

I Am fairly new here and actually would like to start the challenge, but don't know where to even start.  Do I have to sign up or just post an article (Hub) each day for at least 30 days?

5. Jimw396 profile image59
    Jimw396posted 14 years ago

30 Hubs in 30 Days!!! OMG!

I have not been able to post more than one, and that one was rejected even after making all the asked for changes.

What is the key to easily posting a Hub?

Good for you if you can post 30 in 30 days.

I have to give this more effort myself.

6. susieq450 profile image60
    susieq450posted 14 years ago

Great!  Now I am scared.  I don't even know where to start.

7. profile image0
    Ken R. Abellposted 14 years ago

30 Hubs in 30 days.  What a way to jump into this adventure.  Kind of like drinking water from a firehose.

I published my first Hub on 9.4.09, so that means I have until 10.3.09 to make it to 30 Hubs. 

I have published 12 as of this morning, which means I have 16 days to write 18 Hubs.  My brain already hurts & I suspect I will be suffering some serious sleep deprivation very shortly.

BUT...I am going to go after it.

8. patful profile image61
    patfulposted 14 years ago

Some of you are over-thinking this.If you feel stuck at Square One, try this approach: what are some topics that you know a lot about---how to make something, places you've traveled, your line of work. Imagine that you wanted to teach somebody. What are you an expert on? (Excuse the concluding preposition there.)

Think of the conversations you have with friends and family. Are there some stories that you tell, again and again? Consider those as material. The hub that I did on Miami driving habits came from a semi-comedy routine I put on for many out-of-town friends.

First make a list of stuff that you know about. Then create hubs on each of those topics. As you write, other topics will pop into your head because we think by association. Do you raise and train pets? Do you repair cars? Do you play fantasy football? Are you a gourmet cook? Do you know a good pizza when you see one? Did you meet a famous person--what was that like?

Do you have some consumer advice for your audience? How to pick the best deal in a TV set or a computer or a car or a racing bicycle?

You know more than you give yourself credit for. Start with that list...and watch 30 hubs pop up in no time at all.

1. Envoy profile image68
      Envoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow these are really great tips. I have been to chicken to try it bc I just knew I would get writers block lol You have given me courage to try it thanks so much for the tips that really helps a lot. You should write a hub about tips on doing the challenge lol smile

9. GreenMathDr profile image63
    GreenMathDrposted 14 years ago

I have a question. If I start the competition today is it 30 days from today? Or does it start when I published my first hub-about 4 weeks ago which means I would need to do 20 some odd hubs practically over night?  It sounds like a fun challenge but I need to make sure I understand the rules because I've gotten the impression from some of the replies that guys are looking back to when they started.

1. Envoy profile image68

Once you decide to join the 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge, there are some things that you should know:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849

(I have been trying to get time to read it all day smile I have been running in & out. Hope this help ya out though)

GOOD LUCK Paradise7! smile You are almost there that is awesome!

10. DancingRedFeather profile image59
    DancingRedFeatherposted 14 years ago

Am a newbie on here..I entered because I love to write and earn at the same time..but not wired for understanding the internet lollllll. I'm still trying to figure out like a maze..what is what..don't even find how much $ we make lollllll..so this 30 day challenge starts anytime and you earn what?

11. DancingRedFeather profile image59
    DancingRedFeatherposted 14 years ago

humm 30 hubs in 30 days..that should be quite easy..I'm a woman so..I talk alot hahahaha...I probably could do that in one day lollllllll...now that would be a challenge..30 hubs in a day.. right now am drawing on my shoes..I was about to throw them out but so comfortable..being a native artist, I decided to draw on them and now they are just georgeous and of course original..well I better go back to finish the other shoe as I want to wear them tomorrow so I have to paint the drawings as well..
    On the front of the shoe..I painted a turtle..on each side a eagle and bear paw..the other one will have a wolfs paw and a head of a deer..at the back..I drew snakes...as for us snakes are medicine and protectors..

I better stop here..cause once I start am like a run away horse..

1. Envoy profile image68

lol I like you DRF lol That sounds awesome you should write a hub about your shoes! That is a great idea how to save those old shoes... sweeet!

btw you earn by signing up with AdSense (Google) Amazon, Kontera& Ebay you look under your account, affiliate settings it will tell you how to do it smile Happy hubbing.

12. ChrissyDean profile image69
    ChrissyDeanposted 14 years ago

I am jumping in!  I have not made very many Hubs yet and I don't think I am very good at it.  So hopefully the tips I get and skills I learn in this challenge will help me be much better.  So today is day one for me!

13. GreenMathDr profile image63
    GreenMathDrposted 14 years ago

Well I started today and I wrote 3 hubs. I felt rushed and I'm not sure they were very good, after all my Hub Score dropped 2 or 3 points, But then I really can't really figure what makes that go up and down anyway. Still I've started and I will see it through-if I can just figure out what to write about. This could get real bad if I start writing about math.

14. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure if you all got your questions answered about how to get started in the HubChallenge, but reading the following:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849

Then, to learn about the HubChallenge team and why we're excited about the challenge, read here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17940

In a nutshell, YOUR 30 days starts when you want it to.  It can start when you started, it can start today, it can start 3 days from now.  YOU decide and you're not obligated to tell anyone when it is.  No one is holding you to it.  It's YOU challenging YOU.  It's 30 hubs in 30 days.  You can post 1 a day, or post 30 on the 30th day, or anything in between.  You'll find it's a tad easier if you try to keep up with the one a day though.  But, don't get stressed if you skip a day here and there.  Once you get in the groove you can find some days you're able to whip out 3-4.  Let the inspiration take you where it will.

All of us on the team will answer any questions you have.  Simply email us, we don't mind. 

When you publish your hub, we ask that you only post links to this one specific thread set up for that.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

We encourage you to post what day you're on with your hub link  just so people can tell who might be on the same timetable with them.  Like this:

Day 15 Hub #13 (link)

Good luck to you all! I'm on my 3rd HubChallenge!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)