This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Finally able to possibly accomplish my dream...

1. pageantgirl31413 profile image82
    pageantgirl31413posted 8 years ago

I just had to share with my fellow hubbers...I've been competing in pageants since 1997. I have competed in one pageant system in particular every year till I graduated high school. However, I was never able to make it to nationals because of money or health issues. I thought I wouldn't be able to compete again because of being married with kids but they just opened up a Ms. division, so I ordered my application today and since it is appointed states, it's a guaranteed title. So I get to go to Disney World next Thanksgiving and compete for the national title, FINALLY!!! Anywho, thanks for reading, just had to share. I believe my title is going to be Ms. Northern California Coed 2010.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

awesome! good luck. i'll be rootin' for you!

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 8 years ago

Congrats, and good luck.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

My fingers will be crossed and recrossed for you. I SOOOO hope that your dream comes true chica!

4. shamelabboush profile image68
    shamelabboushposted 8 years ago

Go get them girl, good luck.

5. pageantgirl31413 profile image82

Thank you guys! Your awesome. The hard work is about to start since I have to raise about $5000 in order to do everything that I want to.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Get writing those hubs then wink

6. pageantgirl31413 profile image82

Ah, I would love it if it were only that easy. I love writing here but I don't really do it for the money. Nope, I have to resort to writing letters to businesses and selling cotton candy or popcorn at festivals.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, a few hundred dollars a month is achievable here..... if you were prepared to sell your soul to adsense.

7. profile image0
    Tech Stud(ly)posted 8 years ago

That's awesome! It always excites me when I see people achieving their goals despite setbacks, even if those setbacks are little kids!

working