jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Would Like Some First Hub Feedback

1. Matt Maresca profile image62
    Matt Marescaposted 9 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some feedback on my first hub.  I plan on doing many more, so I figured I should learn as much as possible to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fat-Loss-Motiva … er-the-Fat

-Matt

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

Congrats on your first hub Matt.  I would suggest that you spruce it up a little visually.  Use multiple text capsules with headings, add photos, maybe a few links.  Play around with the capsules a little. You can really do some pretty cool stuff with them.

Otherwise, good content. Welcome aboard.

Matt Marescaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Peter.  I knew I needed to spruce it up, but wasn't sure what to do. I inserted a few headings in my original piece and created a second text capsule as you suggested.

I'd like to add some photos but I'm not sure what to use.  Do I just find random photos that are somewhat related to my topic?  Do they have to be my photos?  Where do I get these from?

I think there's a few other things I can do from looking at some of the top hubs.  This seems like a great community and I look forward to being a part of it.

All other advice, comments, etc. welcome.  Please feel free.

1. VioletSun profile image71
        VioletSunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to add some photos but I'm not sure what to use.  Do I just find random photos that are somewhat related to my topic?  Do they have to be my photos?  Where do I get these from? >>>

Welcome Matt! Try Bigstockphoto.com. They have awesome photos for an average of $2.00 a piece. I use their photos for my websites and creative projects.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I bookmarked that site and may use it for future projects.  I've also searched for some free public domain sources for some quick pictures.  I've used these to redo my first hub.  I think they work better than my originals.

3. makemoneyonline profile image53
    makemoneyonlineposted 9 years ago

I think photos should be related to health that makes it more "serious" than traffic light smile

OK, I tried. 

But I really have no idea what kind of images go with my writing.  I don't really talk about your typical health-stuff.  It's more of a mental approach article that relates to fat loss.

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

working