jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your "secret" to getting online traffic? I've tried a lot of different t

1. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 7 years ago

What is your "secret" to getting online traffic? I've tried a lot of different things, little sucess

I know there's no secret, but what seems to work the best for you. I know I've only been on Hubpages for 2 months, but I have tried a lot of things and nothing has really worked. I have done keywords (although I need to revise them a little), commented on multiple forums/create backlinks (forums = only way I know of), tried to get some followers, and I have tried to write quality content that's easy to read..I don't really get it yet. I usually write about activites/ways to stay active. Does anyone have any suggestions for traffic in those niches?

2. Alma Cabase profile image80
    Alma Cabaseposted 7 years ago

Try back links. Hire someone to do it for you. You can even hire me if you want.hehe

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

You seem to be doing very well on hubs. So I don't entirely understand what you are asking. You have quite a few trophies on your account and a high hubscore. You don't seem to be lacking anything.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Look, you don't know what will take off at any given time.  I've published what I thought were really good hubs that got hardly any traffic for several months ( a lot longer than you said that youve been here). . . . . . and then had them literally take off like a rocket.

Here's the only "instant traffic" tip that I'm willing to give anyone:  If you write anything that could be considered "liberal politics," then titling it just right, and putting it on Reddit.com could make it go nuclear with traffic.  My highest traffic hub after a bit over a year playing with this site - has close to four thousand views, and that is MORE than FOUR TIMES the traffic of my next best hub(concerning traffic).

The reason for that is that I put it on Reddit, it was really a pretty explosive little rant, on my part - and it did well there, but there IS such a thing as "bad traffic" - especially if you are wanting to make money here on hubpages.  If you are just looking for attention and internet notoriety, then send me a message from my profile.

5. tritrain profile image85
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

Backlinks from sites, blogs, social marketing sites, in which you have a good, respected following of people.

Ping when first publishing a Hub and when having completed a major update to a Hub.

*I have a couple Hubs regarding both of what I mentioned on my Profile Page, listed under Hub Pages References.

6. zob2zob profile image59
    zob2zobposted 7 years ago

Hi Chasemillis,
    I am just as mystified by it all as you are, so have decided that I get something out of this, even if no one else is and having decided upon that bases that I am enjoying publishing topics that have evaded discussion because since having two young children I don't get out as much; and since its a way to off load and put important to me issues 'out there' I am continuing & hopefully it will come...
    ...patience was never my forte....
    Regards....

7. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 7 years ago

Use keywords, links and great content. On a more practical note, ask your friends to visit and recommend your hubs.  Post it on social networks, email the links to your friends an co-workers.  You must target your specific niche. 

But you've got to love writing above all.

working