jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which earn more: How To articles or other articles?

1. smanty profile image69
    smantyposted 6 years ago

Which earn more: How To articles or other articles?

2. simonpeter35 profile image61
    simonpeter35posted 6 years ago

Generally how to................................ smile

3. zimsabre profile image60
    zimsabreposted 6 years ago

Personaly id say others like reviews, How to's will have readers glued which is not what you want you want them to skim through and  click adverts.

4. Denise Handlon profile image91
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

What I find interesting about this question is that of the three responses I am just as clueless as before.  Why?  Well, because 1. It's an excellent question and I don't know...I would love an answer that really told the 'magic key'.  2. The response by AMBASSADOR BUTLER is eliminated in my opinion b/c he or she did not answer the question at all.  So, that leaves two sensible responses: zimsaber and simonpeter35.  so...3. Since both of these aforementioned hubbers gave opposite answers I am still in the dark, LOL

And, if you followed my response then, God bless you...it was a lengthy rambling of a simple answer: I don't know!  LOL

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

For me, it has always been how-to articles and reviews of non-fiction books. There is one simple caveat on the how-tos, though -- they have to be something that requires a purchase. Mainly it's been things like organization tips, crafting how-tos, or things like building how-tos or introductions to things that people often want more information on (and often buy more information off of Amazon through my links). As you can see if you look at my hubs, I have just about every type of actual non-fiction content hub imaginable, and after over three years here this has been my experience. Hope this helps smile.

6. lycorne profile image63
    lycorneposted 6 years ago

All I can say, is wonderful question, and I haven't a clue myself.

7. grandslambert profile image73
    grandslambertposted 6 years ago

I think an article that answers a particular need for a person is going to be the most well received. That may be a how-to article, such as how to change the spark plugs in your car, or an informative article, such as one about things you can do to make your car run better.

Perhaps a combination of the two is needed. In the example above, the second article may mention "get a tune-up", and could then link to the how-to article that provides step by step instructions for doing that tune-up. The tune-up article could link to the other one as "one of the steps to get your car running better".