jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Quality Increased - Adsense Earning Decreased.. Why?

1. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 8 years ago

For the past 17 months.. I have been publishing number of pages mostly with movie details and adding photo gallery and my Hubscore was hovering around 75..

Now I am posting qaulity technical data from various fields and I am finding that my adsense earning dropped drastically say less than a dollar /day.

But my hubscore has crossed 80 marks..

How is it so?

What I am doing wrong.. I don't understand..

Can someone share their experience?

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 8 years ago

HubScores only mean something to HubPages, they have no relevance to anything outside this site.  So you can't correlate HubScores and AdSense earnings.

If your AdSense earnings are dropping, clearly something you are doing doesn't seem like quality to them.

3. mindreader profile image60
    mindreaderposted 8 years ago

more of quality content means less of adsense earnings

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Since you've only written one Hub, how do you know?

How's your traffic, Trsmd?  Are you getting much search engine traffic?  Have you put each of your Hubs as a channel on Adsense so you can see what's making money and what isn't?

1. Trsmd profile image57
        Trsmdposted 8 years ago in reply to this

For the latest pages, I am getting traffic from search engine also for a week and after that 2/3 views per day. But my old pages attracts more views and overall there is no decrease in the pageviews, but there is decrease in adsense earnings..

2. mindreader profile image60
        mindreaderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

i hvnt put adsense adds on my hubs..i m into blogging.

3. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 8 years ago in reply to this

but they are  right...quality content means an involved reader who isnt leaving via an ad that shows only in the top paragraphs.

not to say the inverse is true

As hubpages becomes more popular with IM and AffMark you'll find more and more people who know the ropes w/o having exp in this small subset of publishing

OP, Looking through a very small sample of your impressive collection of works, I didnt see a single hub that I imagine had particularly high cost ads.

The channel advice is probably your best bet, thinsg change...when they go downhill and you have the type of portfolio you do, its time to do some serious tracking and testing.

1. one2get2no profile image88
          one2get2noposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Don't mix up Hub Page scores with Adsense..they bear no relationship. Probably the content you are now writing is not helpful to Adsense.

4. profile image0
    mariyammaposted 8 years ago

Somethings we cannot understand , especially the technical sides of the scoring system of this site.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Google may have decided that the type of ads featured on your Hubs are now less profitable?

working