Any Adsense success after the 100 in 30 hub challenge?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

I have yet to see a thread that has shared the successes of the hub challenge.

Has anyone seen significant income increases in adsense? Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have seen a significant increase, but I didn't write all my additional hubs in 30 days. I've done around 60 or so (various accounts on here) in the last 45 days. I've definitely seen an increase in earnings as I more than doubled my amount of hubs.

WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, you roughly doubled your adsense income. Did you double your number of hubs? Just curious about your experience in terms of a ratio.

(Maybe I'm subtly entertaining the idea of pushing out hubs more frequently as I know I should)

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...it's hard to tell for me since I've only been writing hubs for two months. Honestly, I think I probably quadrupled my income while doubling my hubs because all the hubs I'm writing are earning almost from day one. By publishing so many more hubs AND doing lots of research and studying up on SEO, I really increased my income.

My first 20 or so hubs earn nothing and barely get any views. I didn't know how to drive traffic and research profitable topics back then.

If you're just going to write 100 hubs and not do any research first, sure your earnings will probably increase, maybe double, but without the knowledge of keywords and SEO, you're losing out on quadrupling your income.

2. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many hubs do you have in total, across various accounts?

1. profile image0

I am not sure of the actual number...I think it has to be at least 135. So not too much. I have 112 on this account which is where I write the majority of my hubs. My 'girly_girl09' hubs don't earn crazy amounts individually, but the quantity of them is effective to give me substantial earnings. For example, 5 hubs on this account probably equal the earnings of 1 hub on another account. The dilemma is that high earning hubs typically aren't that fun to write about. So, sometimes I'm able to get more done by writing 5 hubs under this account that equal out to writing 1 hub on a high earning/totally boring subject. Understandably, I am more motivated if I'm interested in what I'm writing about.

I am here to make money, but I might as well be entertained and having fun in the process! big_smile (Which I really am...so glad I found this site!!!!)

1. LondonGirl profile image82
          LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are doing very well, though! Hope you didn't mind my asking.

1. profile image0

I greatly enjoy hearing about details of other people's successes and failures, so I don't mind sharing at all. smile It helps to develop a better game plan for the future!

3. lindagoffigan profile image56
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

After completing the 100 hubs in 30 days, I now write four hubs effortly daily as there is no cohersion to do so.  It took me four months to make my first pay out but now I know that Google Adsense rewards hard work, I am making the three figure earning monthly.

Because of the 100 hubs in 30 days I know that I can eventually get a four figure earning. All I have to do is to keep writing quality, relevant and interesting hubpages which is a breeze now that I know how to optimize my hubs.

The 100 hubs in 30 days was a great dose of inspiration to write more and to optimize what I have written on a daily basis.

1. Kidgas profile image63
      Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's great.  Keep up the hard work.  Your words will inspire many.

1. lindagoffigan profile image56
        lindagoffiganposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your comment.  Now I am gearing up for the thirty hubs in thirty days that start tomorrow.  Are you in?

2. WeddingConsultant profile image67

Yes, great comment, thanks. Certainly an inspiring comment...

1. lindagoffigan profile image56
        lindagoffiganposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WeddingConsultant, thank you for your comment.  I am happy to have inspired a hubber to write more.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This reply of yours is like a source of inspiration for new hubbers like me.

4. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I only finished 25 of 100 and saw a significant increase. I wanted to get to monthly payouts by August with the 100 hubs--that was my goal--and it looks like it will happen with the 25, which is amazing. Not all of them are big earners, but it has me rethinking the profitability of Hub Pages. I know several hubbers here who are doing very well and it's inspiring me to try harder. Thanks for asking!

5. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

Heck, I only did 16 when I was supposed to do 100 and have written about 4 more since and last month I made a total of about $50 ($30 from AdSense and $20 from Amazon) and I've already made $12 in AdSense this month and about $15 over on Amazon.

Also, I have about 10 new Hubs that I'm looking to publish here soon and now that I'm publishing more I've really learned a lot about ways to seriously boost each of your Hub's opportunity so be looking for some of my thoughts here soon.

There is no doubt in my mind that the key to earning is just getting more content out there. If you write high-quality Hubs, the money is there for the taking!

6. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I've seen an average 300%+ daily increase in my Adsense earnings.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

My Adsense did increase a bit and I only did 21 hubs during the challenge.

8. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

I have to date written 57 hubs on a new ID from 28 May - to today I've earned $97 from those hubs, $25 of that since 1 July.

The content is nice but you have to build backlinks as well

9. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Wow, it sounds like everyone who did it saw more than a 2x increase in their adsense...motivation anyone?

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Definitely.

10. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I did 30 in 30, and haven't seen any significant changes in my earnings. They have remained the same, which I'm not complaining about as it is a nice supplemental income, but no major changes.

Could be bc I don't do backlinks except natural backlinks from search engines and those links I do post on my blogs. Nor do I do steady SEO and keyword research; I just write what I'm interested in or what I feel like learning about.

I think it's more quality content that is important versus pushing to do 4 a day. I can probably do 2-3 quality hubs a day, but I won't push myself to do it, and would rather work on 1 or 2 a day, if not every other day to ensure it's the way I want it.

The challenge could have potentially created an issue of people thinking quantity is important over quality.

11. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I had my best month during the challegne. Don't know if it correlates or not.

That being said, it was a good challenge to do. Made me dicipline myself.  But focus on quality not just quanity.

12. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

But it is Whitney - bottom line if you have 100 hubs with perfect keyword selection versus 10 hubs with the same - you will probably earn 10X more.

Updating my figures from above since early May I have published 107 hubs over 2 different accounts plus a handful on my Lissie a/c.
    April was the first month I ever made more than $100 in a month on Adsense
    Apr $121
    May $128
    June $367
    1-20 July $387

My biggest single day was $47, I regularly get over $20 in one day.

Girly has it right - my high earning hubs are on extremely boring topics - in fact I outsource the writing on quite a lot of them because they were so boring - I expect to break even on that by the end of this month.

The single most important thing is keyword selection, the 2nd most important thing is building backlinks, the third most important thing is writing content.

Sorry I know a lot of people don't want to hear this - but I think my income figures speak for them selves.

1. profile image0

I like to hear it! big_smile Thanks for sharing your stats, Lissie. Truly awesome!!!!! I am only getting a few $10 days a month right now, but they are starting to become more frequent, so it's encouraging. Right now, I've only done a few backlinks as I want to spend my time writing as much content as possible. When classes start, I'll be sick and tired of writing, so I'll work on backlinks then. big_smile

I think the new Hub Challenge will definitely help people realize that quantity is great, BUT it is only useful if you've done your research for keywords. I thought Ryan's video today was great. (I learned something new - I had never heard of the Wonder Wheel!!)

Keyword research + quantity = almost guaranteed, substantial earnings.

Quantity + no keyword research = gambling and hoping for the best!

I couldn't have said it better. This is exactly the point at which many hubbers go wrong. Some stab in the dark, others take a steady aim and squeeze the trigger.

13. e13o13 profile image79
    e13o13posted 14 years ago

I am up to about 23 hubs now and I am seeing increasing adsense earnings with each hub I add - I agree with the earlier commenters - understanding SEO will benefit your earnings more than mass producing them. BUt doing both will be really good!

14. SEO Expert Kerala profile image59
    SEO Expert Keralaposted 14 years ago

during the contest my adsense earning boosted but after 1 month it is reduced

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)