Are there rules for deleting or leaving comments?

1. CHRIS57 profile image59
    CHRIS57posted 7 years ago

Are there rules for deleting or leaving comments?

After finding this internet community I started to comment on hubs of my sphere of interest. Often I post comments on hubs that reflect the opposite idea of my personal thoughts. I like to discuss and argue, but I try to do it with respect and without getting personal.
    Lately I postet a comment on a hub and had some back and forth comment conversation. Then I found out, the whole thread of comments (mine and hubbers) was deleted.
    So - are there any rules, or was the hubber personally offended?

2. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

Hi Chris, each Hubber has the ability and the choice to delete comments from Hubs that they own.
    I personally do not delete comments unless they are abusive or are against  HubPages TOS. (Hubpages themselves may do this if the Hub is flagged)
    I don't know if the Hubber was personally offended as I did not read the relevant comments but usually if you put up a controversial Hub  you must be prepared for the resultant opposite comments to come in!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I think the comments section is really more for comments than conversation.  If you like controversy or discussion, try some of the forums--wow they really get going over there.

working