jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it better to write long hubs, or a few short ones that are on a similar topic

1. 61MT profile image40
    61MTposted 6 years ago

Is it better to write long hubs, or a few short ones that are on a similar topic?

I had a a few short ones that I thought I would eventually add to, but I decided it was silly because of how small they were and just made it one big hub.  What's a good length for a hub?

2. sarclair profile image80
    sarclairposted 6 years ago

Hi... I am not an expert. However, I have noticed that the longer hubs give me a better hub-score. Since it gives me a better hub-score, it increases my chances of the search engines finding me. It is said that 800-1,200 words is a good length for a hub.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I personally enjoy reading the shorter hubs, as reading the format here at Hubpages is hard on my eyes.  I tend to like shorter pieces and poetry and am more likely to Hub Hop and comment because it takes less time and I can read more in a small amount of time.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Long with facts and interesting notes. People are reading what you write to learn and see your point of view on the matter.

5. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 6 years ago

Poetry may be short, but generally, my hubs are over 1,000 words, as I could not put everything which I want to say in the hub with a lesser number of words, it has more to do with distorting the hub with shorter number of words than anything else, for me, that is. smile