jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I get good pictures that I can use?

1. heavenbound5511 profile image80
    heavenbound5511posted 6 years ago

How can I get good pictures that I can use?

Help! Before I erase all all pictures to all my pages. How can I get good pictures that I can use? Is aviary.com exceptable to hubpages? I can't just remove the watermark on a pic can I? Also I got these pictures a year ago I don't know where I got them all from. I know I should of learned how to do right a year ago, but please help me.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

I wrote about three ways to find Creative-Common licensed photos here: http://hubpages.com/t/1e6fcc

3. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

There are tens of thousands of free pics on line.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

I use the free stock photo site www.sxc.hu 
    Check usage terms for any photo you're interested in using from there; some require prior permission from photographer, other photos require you to credit the photographer on the caption & notify photographer (I do that anyway).

5. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

I use government photos because they have no copyright and there plenty of them.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

I have written about this topic/question on several occasions, I even wrote a hub about it.
    Any image that is posted on the web can be used so long as:
    There is no copyright logo or any words indicating copyright, or prohibiting its use. You must use it to prove a point, make a comparison, or educate. Give credit, do not alter or edit it in any way, claim it as yours or use it to discredit or criticize the author or the image itself, nor can you profit from the image (not the adds). They must also be available on the web and must not directly be taken from an author's own web site.See Creative Commons Law and Fair Use Doctrine SS 17,US 107