jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How do I get pictures to put on my hubs

1. Jennifer Bart profile image60
    Jennifer Bartposted 4 years ago

How do I get pictures to put on my hubs

I don't know where to find pictures to put on my hubs and my profile will not let me feature my hubs because they don't have pictures on them where can I find them and hoe do I put them on my hub?

2. aj's profile image75
    aj'sposted 4 years ago

You may go do a google image search for whatever topic you are into. Find a picture from there, download it and then transfer it to hubpages. Most of the pictures do not have any copyright obligations...

1. Jennifer Bart profile image60
      Jennifer Bartposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks aj's

2. JimTxMiller profile image78
      JimTxMillerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's not exactly true, aj. A good many of the images posted to the web are copyrighted material. Merely searching for images will not return pictures free of copyright protection.

3. Savio Dawson profile image92
    Savio Dawsonposted 4 years ago

It is better to use pictures which do not have copyright violations.. There are many sites which allow use of pictures, with the condition that you give the site the credit... One of the sites I use is: www.free digital photos.net (remove the space)... Once you download the free photo from this site, they send an email giving the details of the person to whom the credit should be given..... Upload the photo on your hub and fill the credit information in the tab named as Source....... Your hub is ready with legal photos and pictures.... All the best!!

4. Santiniketan profile image59
    Santiniketanposted 4 years ago

you can Google it what ever image you want,i think it will help.
    Yes one thing keep in mind that do not use water mark images or any copyright image.

5. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

The best solution is to use your own photos. Using original work removes any and all copyright issues regarding posting the pics to your hubs.
    If you must download photos from other sources, use a site like wikimedia commons that will give you all you need to know about who owns the original and how it may (or may not) be used by others.

6. Ceres Schwarz profile image22
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

Check out the HubPages learning center guide on "A Guide to Proper Image Use on HubPages". You can find it by clicking on the "help" link above any HubPages page, then click on the Learning Center link that you see. This will take you to the Learning Center, which includes many useful and helpful information to help you understand a lot of things about HubPages.

The guide on proper image use includes a lot of websites where you can find pictures that are either in the Public Domain or have Creative Commons licenses. Pictures like these are the ones that you can freely use. The guide has more information on how you should cite your sources when you use these images.

Once you have your photos, you can put them on your hub by using the photo capsule. Using the photo capsule, you have three choices. You can upload a photo from your computer to your hub. Or you can import a photo from another site by pasting the URL in the capsule and clicking import. If you already have photos in HubPages, just click My Photos and you will see all of the photos you have uploaded or imported. Hope this helps.

7. Emmanuel Marosi profile image46
    Emmanuel Marosiposted 4 years ago

The best way to get pictures is to get yourself a digital camera and start taking pictures related to your hub. This will make your hub more unique and original. A second but the most common method is to do a google search on the topic of your hub and get the appropriate images matching your hub's content.