How do I get my Hub page to show different stanzas in my poem?

1. Daelyn H Appleton profile image74
    Daelyn H Appletonposted 6 years ago

How do I get my Hub page to show different stanzas in my poem?

Hi I am new to Hub pages: I want to know if anyone can help me with formating my Hub. I posted a poem that should have separate stanzas with spaces in between but for some reason when I save it the spaces do not show up and the stanzas are all stuck together like one giant paragraph. How do I fix this?   My other hubs do not have this problem those poems came out fine so I don't know what's wrong with this one. Any suggestions??

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

What I do is write it first in WORD, with all the appropriate spacing, then cut and paste to the capsule.  It looks bad at first but when published, all the stanzas have spaces in between.

3. Daelyn H Appleton profile image74
    Daelyn H Appletonposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the imput.
    I always write my hubs in Word first and then paste them, so that is not the problem. After I asked this question I played around with the hub settings and discovered the reason for the problem on my own. What happened was I clicked the button that says: Try the new text capsule editor.

Unfortunately when you use the new editor it does not allow spaces between the stanzas unless you put something like this between them ~~~~~. When I switched it back to the original setting it was fine again. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

working