How can I get images for my hubs that I wish to publish, without copy right issues
Go to picasa free download. I acknowledge them when the pic is on my hub. Good luck
there is a very good hub explains this issue, you should take a better look at it. http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Legally- … -Your-Hubs
Use you own picture or use pictures with permission. There are plenty of sites that allow pictures to be used for free such as stock xchng
There are places like wiki commons that you can get images but I think you should try as much as possible to use your own images. I now always carry a camera around with me to take pictures that might be useful in future. Also take some general images like street signs etc that could also be useful or you could scan in objects on your computer.
I think that if you are writing about topics that you have a lot of knowledge or info on then you quite often should be able to come up with some kind of pic that would suit the subject.
You may use images from the web with the following caveats;
1. Does not have a copyright symbol or any such wording indicating copyright or negating free use.
2. The images are to be used in a comparison, for instruction,for personal use, to demonstrate a technical element, to showcase a point.
3. You may not claim them as yours
4. You may not alter/edit them in a public forum;example would be to use parts of the image in a logo, to edit the pixels, unnecessary or selective cropping, especially when dealing with body parts.
5. You may not be critical of the image,author,the image's intentions or purpose other than from a technical standpoint. Example; "the image is underexposed" is OK. "the photographer is a deviant" is not OK.
6. You may not directly profit from the image; example; if you made money when people clicked on the image. The ads on your hubs are not relevant.
7. The images may not be directly taken from the owner's web site. It's OK from Google Images but not from "John Doe's Photo Studio."
For more information on this topic;
US Code Title 17 Section 107
by Sakina Nasir16 months ago
I do not understand the method of sending hubs to a niche site. How does it work? I tried sending my 1st hub to Bellatory.com but they rejected it, saying I had to make changes. It was silly on my part though, I had no...
by ALL4JESUS4 years ago
I enjoy the new feature that helps me as an author to know what hubs need to be upgraded but I have so many that need attention, I wish I could hit one button to un-publish the ones that are not featured. I know this...
by Tina Craven3 years ago
Have you ever noticed that you spend more time allocating pictures and images for your hubs than you do actually writing it?
by Lena Kovadlo4 years ago
One of my friends who is a poet had created a Hub Pages account in hopes to share her poetry with others. She published a number of poetry hubs that included her poetry and appropriate images but they became unpublished...
by Julie-Ann Amos8 years ago
What do we think? I've done a large series of hubs on dogs and there simply aren't images of most of them available. Unless I take bits of other people's images without permission and edit them...What do...
by Brittany Kennedy6 years ago
A couple of weeks ago, I realized that I had not read the ToS about image use correctly and had to go back to all of my hubs and make sure the images were cited properly and were available through the creative...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.