jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What will you do if someone called you a different name in your comment box?

1. cheerfulnuts profile image61
    cheerfulnutsposted 6 years ago

What will you do if someone called you a different name in your comment box?

A non-hubber had commented in one of my hubs. He/she called me a different name -- the name of the commenter before mine. I was confused, but I replied "thanks" anyway and included my name at the end of my reply. If you were in the same situation, what will you do?

2. profile image0
    JadedLoveposted 6 years ago

I have been called many things some of which i cannot repeat, but i just turn my head, smile, and like you say thank you with my real name.

3. clark farley profile image74
    clark farleyposted 6 years ago

agree...if someone goes to the effort to make a Comment or reply at my Hub, it is by definition to me.
    I think of how many times I have written Comments in other blogs (blogs that don't have the 5 minute edit window that Hub Pages has), and thought to myself, 'that was certainly a well reason Comment'. No sooner do I hit 'send', than I see that I spelled the word 'recieve'... happens more than I would like to admit.
    Great question! (I was going to do the obvious, 'wrong name' joke, but I thought better not).

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

This very thing has happened to me, by the same responder.

The first time, I turned my head, the second time, shivers went up my spine, on the third time........I sent a friendly email..........

to the effect of.........I appreciate you as a reader, and I value your comments, but may I correct you on my name?

Make the correction, quietly and discreetly..............you will feel better, and save them undue embarrassment.

( a 'relationship' was born )

5. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Well, living in another culture has made me somehow thicker skinned than before... I used to hate it when people teased me about my accent or cultural mistakes - not anymore!  Call me a different name - no problem!  If someone read and was benefited by my hub, to the point of posting a sincere comment then Woo Hoo!  Tell them they should at least vote your hub up while they are at it!