jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Where do you usually get your pictures for your hub?

1. seriousnuts profile image68
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

Where do you usually get your pictures for your hub?

2. Toby Simon profile image36
    Toby Simonposted 6 years ago

mostly,  pictures that i've taken in my camera would suit my content/article/ or questions i'll use them.. but if there is no choice, i usually get them from google.. smile

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

All my pics i use i took myself or are pictures taken by my family.

4. Angie Jardine profile image81
    Angie Jardineposted 6 years ago

if I don't have any relevant photos of my own I mainly use flikr.com (creative commons only) and wikimedia (again commons only). This is where kind people share their images just for a mention - so don't forget to attribute the image you borrow with a link.

It is absolutely vital that you don't infringe anyone's image copyright - after all, that is tantamount to stealing ...

5. Krysanthe profile image94
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

I either take the pictures myself or use ones I've found on wikimedia commons.  I do prefer ones that I've taken myself, but there are just sometimes when I'm looking for something I just can't take a picture of.

6. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

On line.

7. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

My biggest source of pictures is istockphoto.com. Each week they post a new royalty free stock photo that can be downloaded for free. I've been collecting these for years now so I have a folder full of pictures I can use without fear of legal repercussions. I could purchase stock photos from them if I wanted to, but I'm not making enough money yet for that to be a good idea. If I don't have a stock photo that fits the subject matter I either use screen shots (if it's a program tutorial) or I make the picture in DAZ Studio or Adobe Photoshop. In my mind, a picture doesn't have to look great, it just has to be unique.

8. rob_allen profile image82
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

well, most of the time, i took photos using my own camera. on the other hand, but sometimes i take pictures on line and just acknowledge the source. I make sure that it would be credited to them, not to me.

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

anywhere and everywhere - I'm afraid that I have far more respect for the written word than I have for pictures.  It's not hard to click a button to take a pciture - and I truly think most anyone should be glad for me to think their picture is good enough to use, especially since I'll be crediting the site.

10. bigeddie06385 profile image57
    bigeddie06385posted 6 years ago

If you don't have a digital camera, go to Google and click on images. Type what kind of pictures you're looking for. That's about it. If you can't find what you're looking for there, then do a search of royalty free stock photography sites.

11. psf profile image76
    psfposted 6 years ago

I usually use the simplest graphics software 'Paint' and get bits and pieces of images, join together add my stamp ;-) and then use in my hubs.

12. samister profile image58
    samisterposted 6 years ago

can you explain your question so i can answer properly. you are saying about picture for hub. Is this for idea of written a hub or a image used in hub?

13. bargaincds profile image68
    bargaincdsposted 6 years ago

you can find public domain , non copyrighted images at PDphoto.com or Gimp

working