jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is backlinking?

1. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

What is backlinking?

Slightly confused with the term backlinking? How to use this to gain traffic? Also, what is a SEO?

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Backlinking is or are links from other sites that bring the viewer to your hub. For example when I write a hub I post its links on Shetoldeme and on other sites (not the article, just the link). Search engines will discover these links in the other sites, plus your link on your hub and will "crawl" your hub more ( the more the merrier kind of situation).
    As far as SEO I am still not completely clear on this.

3. psf profile image76
    psfposted 6 years ago

backlinking is sharing your website/blog link with some other website(s) and hence you may get a portion of traffic received by that website. You may need to link back them also so will make a WIN and WIN situation.

You can also try question answer websites like answers.yahoo.com or answers.com where you can answer a question which is something related to your blog and then ask them to check your link to know more!

4. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Oh goodness...I feel completly brainless at the moment. I still do not understand how to do it! sad

5. Rob Bell profile image76
    Rob Bellposted 6 years ago

Backlinking is when you put a link to your website on another website. Preferably someone elses site.

The link sits on the other persons webpage.

This brings traffic to your site from the other site.

It can also increase your page rank.

If you post a comment on someone elses blog sometimes you can type the URL of your webpage into the comment box and it will automatically turn into a link, ie. change colour to rest of the text.  Thats a backlink.

Your URL is the name of your webpage that starts http://........

An SEO is a search engine optimiser. Someone who makes a website search engine friendly. They help the website to get found on the search engines.

See my profile pages for more SEO stuff.

working