jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do I block someone from leaving comments on my hub pages?

1. Knightheart profile image76
    Knightheartposted 6 years ago

How do I block someone from leaving comments on my hub pages?

I want to block someone totally from ALL correspondence with me.. comments, questions, etc.

2. rachellrobinson profile image81
    rachellrobinsonposted 6 years ago

I don't think it is possible to block someone from commenting. You can edit your hub to where you have to approve comments before the appear. At that point you can deny any comments that are rude or that you don't want appearing. If you have someone sending your rude e-mails via HubPages or posting rude comments you can delete them and notify the HubPages Team.

3. Knightheart profile image76
    Knightheartposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your assistance, Rachellrobinson!  I do have my preferences set to manually have HubPages notify me of any comments to be moderated before they are posted.  I just was getting tired of continually going to one of my hubs to delete this person's comments.  I am grateful we have the power to deny or approve any comment, so will be satisfied with that...guess I just wanted to be lazy!   LOL   Thanks again!!

4. Miss Info profile image82
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

Simply click on "delete this comment for ever". I would know, I use this often. smile

5. FranYo profile image58
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

Dear Miss Info -

Oh, where IS this fantastic "Delete the comment forEVER" button?  I could really use that one!  I bet a LOT of us could use this button!

6. tosha11 profile image77
    tosha11posted 6 years ago

Well with me personally I have to go threw and approve the comment before it can even be seen. When I log into my account it shows me "comments" and I click on that and it takes me to all my new ones. Right beside all of them is a "approve or deny" button to click. I thought all Hub pages was like that.

7. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

The problem I am having is a person attacking my hub about Christian rock... then, in reference to a hub about Russian Dating, called the women "Ukrainian whores" (in reference to my wife, I expect). Two hours later, the hub got flagged for inappropriate content.... of which there was none- no photos, and links only to a blog I own, also with no photos.

So, I want this guy to have NO ACCESS to any of my hubs, so he can't flag them without legitimate reason.

There needs to be a way.

working