jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much does your 100 hubs bring you? Does quality + quantity go hand in hand?

1. K Kiss profile image80
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

How much does your 100 hubs bring you? Does quality + quantity go hand in hand?

2. e_l_Mason profile image61
    e_l_Masonposted 6 years ago

from what I've read, 100 hubs seems to be the benchmark for getting a payout on hubpages.  If your definition of quality is an article that makes money, then you could get a payout with one single article if it's on the right topic.  This article would have to be about something that people buy online all the time, on impulse.  Google ad-sense pays very well when someone clicks through to an advertiser's website.  I made $2.09 for TWO clicks.  If  your definition of quality is an interesting, informative article that people will read beginning to end and share with their friends then the high amount of traffic you get will pay you from hubpages impressions program.   It pays between two and three dollars per thousand people that read the article.  That doesn't sound like a lot, but if you're getting ten thousand views a day then that adds up to about a hundred dollars a month.  Pretty good for not having to register a single click.  Depending on what you write about, you could make a lot of money through Google ad-sense.  If you know a lot about old movies and can write thoughtful reviews that make someone want to buy a copy right that moment, then your articles are going to make more money than someone writing about their favorite 4th of July BBQ recipes.  I'm new on hubpages but this is how I see it thus far.  If I were you I'd continue writing about things you enjoy to stay sharp and interested.  Every once in a while, try writing an article that you know will lead someone to buy something.  Google ad-sense will take care of the rest.

3. K Kiss profile image80
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

@ e_I_Mason:-
    you talked about impressions and that they also pay off. I am a bit confused about how it all works. Will Google pay for the impressions? Or do I need to sign up with hubpages ad program?

4. trimar7 profile image61
    trimar7posted 6 years ago

The amount of income that the hubs bring to me varies. There is a formula that is quite complicated regarding how traffic of advertisements leads to income. I write because I love to write and the income is a perk of doing something I enjoy. There is no way for me to know what I will make. Google is not supportive of members discussing exactly what they make off of our hubs. I hope it will suffice to say that it is not an income that I could live off of. Again - that is not why I write. I understand there are some who do make writing their livelihoods and make enough to do so. I am not among them.