jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

What type of recovery will the world undergo after this massive crises

1. jayb23 profile image72
    jayb23posted 8 years ago

Iam intrigued that world over analysts are contemplating what type or shape the recovery will world undergo in the coming future. W-shaped recovery the one which happened during great depression, U shaped, L shaped, V shaped?? Lets share our views.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well it's been like a letter "B" (flat side down) and the real curly factor is how real the Bankers are likely to be. So far; they remain detached from the problems which they have helped create. 

I believe the DOW will break 10,000 by years end. If that occurs, then recovery will be interesting in 2010.

However, people Need to realise that the world has shifted in many respects. Change has occurred and things will Never be as they were.

jayb23posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I also believe apart from what you have said, it will be interesting to see how and when Fed increases the rates. If they do increase and if economy has not gathered then US economy will be in real soup. Lets see how future pans out

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

This factor applies to all countries that have compensated for their individual situations, as well as having to do so while considering the US position. So the performance of US bankers etc. has also indirectly negatively affected other economies.
    At least NZ public have not been destroyed financially like so many have in the states.

We all evolve from trials like this and hopefully this altimately means we become stronger and wiser from the lesson.  Good Luck.

3. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, crisis has to happen first, then we will be talking about recovery. A bit premature if you ask me. smile

Was subprime crises a fictional event in world history??? Iam sure you are aware of that don't you?

4. Pearldiver profile image87

Yep "Crisis? What Crisis?" does certainly apply to many and does apply to those who can't treat it like a pesky mossi.. swot it and carry on... it's just like camping lol

5. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Oh, sure I am aware of it. In fact I was talking of it when nobody did yet lol

The problem is the crisis is not over, and its most powerful wave is just around the corner. I believe the next few months are likely to be quite "interesting"...

That's why I am saying that recovery talks are premature at this point. )

6. Pearldiver profile image87

Well....... Look on the Bright Side of the premature situation... At least you can get a pill for that problem smile

7. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I am afraid the real solution is not a pill, but some experience and skill tongue

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thumbs Up on that... totally agree smile

2. jayb23 profile image72

Completely agree with that, but with all the stimulus that Govt is providing, this recovery is sort of an artificial one, coz the demand is yet to pick up. Unemployment rates are better indicators if actual recovery has happened or not because they are lagging indicators i.e. even if recession were to end today these numbers will still be high. Need to keep watch on those numbers.

8. jiberish profile image74
    jiberishposted 8 years ago

The next few months will be harder economicaly, recovery is out of sight right now.

working